More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Guangdao Guangdao

Which upgrade does Samus select?

Social Disregard Upgrade

(WARNING: It may not be that gross now, but branching paths may get very disgusting, very quickly. You have been warned now, and will be warned when treading those paths.)

"AI, I'd like to know more about this _Social Disregard _upgrade, specifically, what does it do?" She was kind of intrigued, the name could imply many things, did she become ignored by normal people? Become part of the faceless crowd? Could be useful for missions on populated planets, but the name just meant so many different things.

"Certainly, Ms. Aran. the Social Disregard Upgrade when implanted, will make you disregard social regulations and norms, though generally speaking not any laws. Examples would be not using utensils when eating, speaking over people and ignoring hygiene or clothing requirements or recommendations. Not least of all a far ruder vocabulary. This all of course is up to your discretion, and while it heavily leans your psyche towards disregarding social rules, it will not outright remove your ability to follow them, in need of emergency or at a special event."

"That... That doesn't really sound like an upgrade though? Why would anyone bother with it?" It just seemed so unnecessary.

"Originally it was designed to increase professionalism, by disregarding social regulations one could focus on their tasks that much more, and while the upgrade can be still viewed in such a light, it has been retrofitted to be more about empowering the user. The upgrade would help you mitigate or outright ignore undue criticism and mockery. And, to an extent, no longer following such arbitrary rules laid out by civilization can be very freeing, or so my studies on the human thought processes show."

"If I put this in, I can still remove its effects, right? It isn't permanent?" She was really worried, after all, the more she thought about it, being free from doubt would be a wonderful, liberating feeling.

"Correct, my diagnosis of the upgrade shows a 1.3% irreversibility if installed, which is below minuscule."

Samus looked at the chip in between her fingers and made a choice. She would install it, for better or for worse. A small slot on her Zero Suit, just above her cleavage opened up and she steeled her will, before plunging it in the slot before she had a chance to reconsider. She waited for a second, and then another, and another more. A scowl appeared on her face before she schooled her features into neutrality once more. Just before she was about to speak, her Zero Suit started morphing to change shape, the sleeves shortening until her Zero Suit became sleeveless though didn't change beyond that.

"Oi, fuckhead, what the fuck happened? And why in the shit am I swearing like a fucking pirate?"

"Ms. Aran, the installation of the Social Disregard Upgrade went off successfully. The effects are quite literally coming out of your mou-"

"Shut up, dickhead. I get it, since I don't hold social any value in social prerequisites, I don't need to filter my mouth, am I right or am I right?" She said with a growl.

"That is correct Ms. Aran, you will also soon notice a lack of any form of manners or tact. Feel free to install additional upgrades or enter the Sub-Upgrade Room, to-"

"Apply Sub-Upgrades, I'm not fucking five, I get it. I can look around the station if I want, right?"

She took the silence that followed to be confirmation and took a few seconds to think about what to do. She felt free, in a way she hadn't before. Like she could say anything to anyone. Do anything to anyone.

What does Samus do now?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)