More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by RicoLouis RicoLouis

What's next?

Sneak Peek - The Next Friday In Mrs. Dewinters Class

“Okay settle down. Settle down. I know it's Friday. Your all excited for the weekend but give me an hour of your time.” Mrs. Dewinters took off her blazer and hung it over the back of her chair and walk over to the slid show projector in that body hugging dress that was both sexy and professional looking at the same time.

Sam leaned over to tell me something. “I would give her the whole weekend.” I looked back at her and shook my head. Not that I disagreed. I would fuck the hell out of her.

“Okay finishing out or lesson on motion. Who here remembers black and white.” The professor asked.

“Boo.” A few people said.

“I know. I know. Many of you did not became photographers to shoot in black and white and take pictures of mundane objects.” She said referring to our first projects. Shooting still objects in black and white. It had been meant to teach us lighting. “But it has it uses even today. We have explored black and white and the essence of trying to capture a picture without color. It is light in its purest form. Brightness and darkness. With black and white you got exactly what you saw for the most part. But we do not live in a black and white world. We live in a world of color after all and that is what we will discuss today to close out or conversation on action in pictures.” She smiled and grabbed the remote to the projector as she leaned over the table displaying her ass nicely in that body hugging dress. She pointed the remote at the projector and some pictures came up on the screen. It looked like the same picture but with subtle differences.

“We discussed time of day during last week. Here we have the same place again on different days. Same time of day, same place, same weather. Anyone tell me what is different in these pics.” She said as she waved a laser pointer in her other hand and put her fist on her hip cocking it out sideways. “Anyone?” She smiled as she waved the wand around. It took me a second but I caught onto the small difference in the four images as the lighting was different as were the shadows.

“Mister Williams? I see you smiling.” She said as she adjusted her glasses. “Care to share what you think it is?”

I sighed for being called out. “The seasons are different so the lighting and colors have changed. The one with the long shadows is winter time while the one with the shorter crisper shadows is summer.” I shrugged.

“Correct. Very good. The sun will rise in the east and fall in the west in most parts of the world but the seasons effect how the sun falls from north and south in your pics. In the Summer you have long days with plenty of light though the light can be a bit strong. In the winter you have shorter colder days so I suggest you find work indoors personally.” She teased and the class laughed.

She pulled up images from the different seasons on the screen. “Spring will see vibrant greens mixed with a splatter of color from flowers. In autumn you will see less green as the trees turn to vibrant shades of red and orange and leaves fall which I am sure many are looking forward to since it means we are getting closer to Thanksgiving and Christmas which means home cooked meals.” She teased and I heard a collective Mmm from the class. She always knew how to keep the lesson relevant and the class entertained. She changed the image to pictures of a busty woman and different color holiday decorations. My eyes went right to Christmas and her in a fucking tight as hell sweater.

“I mention the holidays because we choose to make them joyful and vibrant with color. We all can remember hanging a red stocking or decorating a green Christmas tree. Carving a bright orange pumpkin for Halloween. Hiding easter eggs. We can remember spring break where we swam in blue oceans. Roasting marshmallows in the glow of a fire during summer vacation before you all had to come here.” She teased. “Color is not just shaped by the eye but our memories of it. If I asked what color the shoes were in the wizard of oz, what color the road was, the color of the witch, you all would know the answer even if it has been years since you saw the movie as kids because color played such a key role in the film.”

She changed the slid to an image of a busty blonde haired woman in a black dress. “You all remember our model I showed you from last week. Here we have her in a simple black dress.” I heard a whistle in back of the class.

“Yes Mister Foster. She is very lovely but lets try and act like adults please. I do not want to have to call the janitor to have and clean up your desk because you got excited over a picture.” Mrs. Dewinters smirked and put her hand on her hip as she looked back and pointed the laser pointer at him making the class laugh. She shook her head and went back to the lesson. “Now here we have her with a red scarf draped around her neck and flowing over her body. The scarf draws the eyes exactly to what you want to see in the picture.” She ran the laser pointed down showing how the long scarf flowed down over the body like a red river. She turned the image to a black screen.

“Now. Can anyone tell me the color of her eyes?” Mrs. Dewinters looked around. I sure as hell was not looking at her eyes nor was anyone else probably.

After a few seconds of no one answering she continued the lesson. “Thought not. You were not looking at her eyes were you but the scarf. That is the trick as a photographer. Making the viewer see what you want them to see, and color can help you do that.” She changed the picture to show the scarf blowing in the breeze. The womans tits thrust outward as she was looking off into the horizon. “Now same girl same location but the scarf is caught in the breeze. You can not hear the wind. Feel the chill of the air on your skin but you can picture it thanks to the scarf and the way the model holds herself in the pose. This is using color to create a message in the mind of the viewer. The scarf red color representing warmth in the eyes of the viewer add a touch of expression to the picture. Truthfully this was something I did on my summer vacation and not winter or autumn as you may expect when you see the scarf as my model would have frozen to in that dress.” She finished pointing out the dress as not meant for colder weather.

“Yes.” Ms. Dewinters pointed toward someone who I looked to see had raised their hand.

“Does this mean we are done doing taking pictures of buildings?” He asked.

“That is up to you but now that you know the campus I hope you found some great places to take pictures because it will be a busy next week for you all. You will have two projects next week. Number one is get portrait shots of your fellow students around campus using techniques we covered this week and color. That is right I am telling you all to go out and make friends and put down the camera long enough to have a conversation then take up close personal pictures of them.” The Professor teased. There was always something she was trying to teach us beyond just photography. I just had trouble seeing it while looking at her breasts when she was talking to us or her ass when she was lecturing.

“Well I will fail this one.” Sam said as she dropped her pencil gaining a laugh from the class. The goth girl was not all that great when it came to her people skills but she grew on you or at least on me. She had become the one person I could talk to about my complicated love life.

“What is the second Ms. Dewinters?” Angel asked from the row just behind me as she raised her hand.

“I want you to set a scene in the studio. It will be your first studio shoot and I will be giving studio time after class during the week so you can work on your projects next week. You will need to pick a color.
One color and do a film roll on that specific color setting a scene using a light source and not a colored filter. I will know the difference. You will need a theme to your images and find a model. You can choose a classmate or someone from the school and no I can not be it before any of you ask.” The professor said getting a laugh and a few disappointed sighs. “It will be up to you to provide any props you want to add to fit the theme. I will be grading on use of color, general creativity, and overall composition of your work.”

“I expect ideas by Monday from everyone. I also would also remind anyone who hasn't turned in there action shots for the week that today is a deadline unless you have asked for more time. I will be grading them over the weekend.” She said. I wasn't sure there was anyone who hadn't done the assignment. It was fairly easy and fun assignment.

“Now before we go on I bet you all are wondering who won last weeks shoot with the best shots?” She smiled. Everyone in the class made some kind of noise of agreement.

“Ms. Winters is sadly disqualified as she won last week though I enjoyed several of Samantha's shots and she did not hold back even though she could not win this week. As you can see she went with an approach many of you did not to take pics from the corners throwing out most of what is expected in architect photography to create images that are truly her own by distorting the lines of the building.” The professor brought up several pics on the screen. Sam had gone mostly for late night shots using atypical angles and shooting at the corners to avoid straight lines on purpose in her shots going for the opposite of what we were taught about typically photographing buildings but the look fit Sam's style and showed more of the buildings as it showed two sides instead of just one. The pictures had an edgy quality to them that was all her.

“Okay or runner up was Mister Greene. Trevor showed an amazing eye for color capturing many sunset and sunrise shots and came in a close second with his attention to lighting and technical aspects we discussed last week capturing some impressive shots in low and dim light show a great control of time and exposure.” She said as she brought up several pictures he had taken at night and early dawn with a wide range of colors you wouldn't get during the day. Trevor had all the little gadgets that I thought were cheating so I was surprised he hadn't taken the top spot.

The screen changed to pictures of leaves falling in front of buildings and I knew right away it was Angels pictures. “Honorable mention goes to Ms. Armstrong. I commend Angelica for her use of falling leaves in a shot to capture the setting adding a nice touch to the scenes she captured using a high shutter speed while still getting pictures of the buildings. By putting the leaves in the shot any flaws in the picture are not what the eye will see. Setting her work apart from many others and getting a jump on this weeks assignment by capturing both color beautifully so the rest of you will have to work hard if you hope to beat her as I think this will be her week to shine. And drum roll please.” She said and a few of the students did so on there desk or legs.

“The top spot goes to Mister Williams. Jake, Can you please join me please?” Miss Dewinters called me out. I was both happy to have won and dreading what came next because now I have to speak in front of the class. Sam just about shoved me into the aisle to get up there. I left my seat and walked down the steps of the lecture hall to the front of the class.

“Relax dear. You got this.” Ms. Dewinters touched my arm giving it a rub and held out her hand as she could clearly see how nervous I was. She set the laser pointer in my hand and gave it a little squeeze as she gave me a wink and then stepped back turning the screen to the pictures I had taken of the buildings being reflected in the puddles.

“Mister Williams would you tell us what you did please in these to get these shots.”

“I took them early morning before the sun came up using the puddles from the night before as a mirror. Using a black card I blocked out the sunlight for part of the exposure to allow the darker parts of the picture to develop before exposing the brighter sky above during the sun rise.” I said and then explained my camera settings and the other techno babble that was expected.

“So you turned a muddy wet shot into something beautiful by capturing a shot that would not have been possible otherwise.” She smiled at me.

“More or less. Yes Ma'am.” I replied.

“You can get the same effect by pouring a bottle of water on a hard flat surface such as a stone bench and taking the picture from the there if the lighting conditions are right or by bringing a mirror to your camera level with you on the shoot.” She said and I saw several people taking notes. “And this one?” She looked back and changed the screen to show the chapel interior.

“The chapel during sunrise. The light coming in through the windows as filmed at long exposure to catch dust particles in the air. It was simply a matter of being there at the right place at the right time.” I pointed with the pointer at the screen. “The trees outside created shadows on the windows but the moving branches during long exposure helped to alleviate some of the shadows making them less noticeable.

“Which created a dynamic shot of the stain glass windows and the chapel interior only available for an hour in the morning. When scouting a location it is best to know what it is like during different times of the day. Sometimes shooting the same pic at different hours can change your work considerably. As we discussed lighting changes from hour to hour so never be afraid to do the same thing twice and look for different results.” She said. Something I had done plenty of times was give up on a shot and move on and wouldn't had gone back for the picture if not for Rebecca.

“And here?” She changed the picture to the archways I had shot the day before the puddles.

“I used long exposure to essentially cut the people out of the shot. The one on the left shows the people while the one on the right shows the same scene with them removed. There were a few dozen students in the arches that day after class on Friday. By using a minute long exposure I was able to film the background while the people moved past with the exception of the two blurred out people in the back who stayed in place the entire time.” I pointed to the only two people in the shot who were blurs as much as they moved there arms and heads when I was shooting.

“You took several pics like this taking full use of the long exposure allowing you to get shots of several places around campus that were to crowded to shoot otherwise.” She showed pics of various statues I had taken pics of.

“Yes ma'am.” I said and explained my exposure settings in each of the pictures.

“He also used the effect to great use in capturing students coming and going creating ghostly effects that I am sure many of you experienced by accident when people walked into your shot. Thus creating some truly artistic shots of the campus using long exposure at various times.” She said showing the ghost images I had done around the front gates when I was basically burning through the last of a roll of film to see what I could get. “I choose Mister Williams this week because he explored many different uses from exposure and did not just focus on one thing and stick with it as I invite all of you to do the same. Photography is one part science with light levels and exposure times and one part artistry with colors and brightness and it is our job to find the balance between them. All in all nicely done Mister Williams.” She smiled and touched my back giving it a rub and then held out her hand for me to take the remote back.

“Thank you Ma'am.” I smiled and handed it back.

“Now for your personal challenge this week. As the winner of this week I get to pick your handicap and what color I want you to do in your main shoot in this weeks challenge. I choose deep blue as I find it will offer you a fair amount of challenge but give you plenty of room to push your creativity.”

“Very well.” I nodded. Sam's challenge after winning the black and white challenge had been to get color in her pictures so she had taken an ass load of pics of the church and the stain glass windows. The challenges were meant to push the winners to not be complacent and try to one up themselves. I couldn't win the next project which I was fine with but I could still get a mention as Sam had. I went and sat back down in my chair and Sam gave me a bump with her elbow. Mrs. Dewinters went into detail about color. I drummed my pencil as I listened thinking of what I could do for my project to include blue. My mind went to the obvious choice to involve water but I had no clue how I wanted to do it.

When the bell rung everyone started to gather up there stuff. I packed my stuff in my bag and turned when I heard a noise looking back to see Angel's purse had fallen off her desk and some of the stuff inside had rolled out. I slid out of my desk moved to catch a tube of lipstick as it fell down to my level. Angel had slid out of her desk as well in her body hugging dress and flashed me her creamy thick caramel thighs a pair of very small and very bright purple thong underwear that hugged her pussy snugly.

“Thank you baby.” She picked up a compact and smiled as she glanced up at me and saw right where I was looking and slapped her legs together. “Oh shit. Sorry boo. My bad.”

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)