More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by BigBobbyBlobtheSlob BigBobbyBlobtheSlob

What exactly is the big emergency on the ship?

Slime infiltration

Last Friday prior to the return:

The Valkyrie spaceship had landed on an unknown purple desert like planet, seemingly void of any and all life. The crew present consisted of several highly trained female astronauts each outfitted in their chosen color to reflect their expertise, Kim Yung, the green suit Korean astronaut trained to take expert photographs for documentation of foreign life seemed to be the most disappointed in particular.

"Man...this whole planet looks dead. No trees, fungus, bugs, or anything. Doubt anyone would care if we don't mention this one, no chance of making the headlines back at home." She'd say with a heavy sigh snapping a few photos of the vast purple sandy landscape with her digital camera right before her helmet buzzed aloud, receiving a call from the ship.

"Kim? Come in Kim, Kim?"

The voice belonged to the red suit wearing astronaut Samantha, the ship's official pilot and head engineer, wanting to get in contact with Kim who clicked the button on the side of her helmet to answer the call.

"Kim here, go ahead."

"Where are you?"

"Out on the field a short distance away from the ship, what's up?"

"Just letting you know we are considering terminating any further investigation on this planet and departing soon."

"Sounds good to me, get me off this lifeless rock. Over and out,"

With that said Kim quickly spun around on her heels and started jogging back towards the direction of the ship eager for departure, only for her right leg to fall through and get stuck inside a small hole in the sand for a moment.

"Ah! Oh man, damn it...." Kim she groaned aloud before trying to pull herself free from the hole with all her strength before her leg slipped free with one loud quick sluuuuurp and pop sound!

Upon retrieving her own leg back from the dark depths she would find a thick layer of green slime coating her space suit from her knee all the way down to her foot. The mysterious substance felt unnaturally warm and frothing with small bubbles even, it was as if someone turned fizzy Mountain Dew into jello.

"Ewww gross! What is this gunk!?" Kim cried out in sheer disgust of her rather disturbing discovery. "Well this is just great..."

Hopping on one foot the rest of the way Kim would soon arrive back on to the ship quickly making her way over to the public shower like decontamination room, now tasked with washing her boot clean in the shower watching the green gunk be carried off with the water down the floor drain.

"Good riddance," Kim would say dusting her hands in satisfaction, completely unaware of what she just let onboard the ship's plumbing system.

An hour later after leaving the lifeless desert planet Kim was walking through the halls of the ship completing her daily crewmate tasks for the day while using her helmet communicator to chat with Samantha.

"Hey Samantha, so how long until we finally get to go back home anyway?"

"Well, if you were actually listening to the mission debrief before we left Earth, we are expected to keep this space expedition going as long as possible until something very critical happens and Mission Control calls us back. But that's only for life or emergencies, in case you didn't know. Why else do you think we have so much food and medical supplies on board?"

Kim would puff her cheeks out upon hearing this.

"Ugh, just figured my cat back home is missing me by now, plus...I'm just getting, soooo bored. There's literally nothing else to do on this ship besides eat and sleep, and I am NOT gonna ruin my figure eating out of boredom!"

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Just suck it up for now alright? I gotta get back to work now, talk later."

With a roll of her eyes and sputter of her lips Kim soon made her way towards the storage room. Just like Samantha said there was crates upon crates of massive metal metal containors filled with a vast supply of canned and packaged foods that can keep the crew fed for months, years even. What Kim didn't like however was the slightly cold temperature of the room making her suit heat up as an automatic response for surviving in difficult climates.

"Ugh, my helmet is getting so stuffy. I need some cool air for a minute," the Korean woman would say before promptly removing said headgear letting her short black hair drop down to her shoulders, only to jump hearing something slither across the floor in the background spooking Kim.

"Ah! Is...is someone there? Sh-Show yourself....please?"

Morbid curiosity would possess Kim's legs prompting her to move towards the direction of the noise wanting to investigate the cause. Peeking around the small amounts of space between each crate she would jump again with an audible yelp as the lid to one of the food containers rattled, almost as if something had just moved it. Slowly leaning her head inside the now opened crate Kim's eyes would be met with pitch black darkness, right before a glob of green slime shot up and latch directily onto her face, sticking to the flesh like glue on paper.

The sudden attack would make the woman let out a muffled cry in surprise before lashing out, clawing at the thing that was blinding at her as the goo slipped through her fingers not allowing her to get a strong enough grasp on it. Her feet would move in a teetering back and forth before hitting her head against the hard metal wall and sliding down into a slump. With Kim being knocked has left her jaw muscles slack, allowing the sentient alien substance to start freely slipping into her throat without wasting a second, it was like a giant shapeless green slug slithering down her gullet making her neck bulge out receiving the meal being forcefed down her tight throat with it's tail end whipping in the air for a bit before joining the rest of the slippery mass with a loud wet gulp as human now laid there on the floor.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)