More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by EthanRave EthanRave

Who's story do we start with

Silver Wolf

"Elio wants me to do what?" SW noted as she looked up from her game. Kafka had come to her with a special mention from Elio. He needed her skills for some a few script, well he needed one skill in particular but it wasn't usual hacking.

"He says he needs you to...become some people in future scripts. I'm not entirely sure what he means but he seemed to believe you'd know what he was talking about." Kafka noted.

"I know what he wants, I'm just surprised he'd ask. Never needed it before, just surprised he needed it before." SW corrected.

"Will you tell me what exactly it is." Kafka wondered. Her curiosity had been peaked, clearly she did not know everything about her partner as she had thought.

"It's a special hacking technique, very forbidden stuff." SW answered. "Very dangerous."

"That's never stopped you before." Kafka noted. "If I recall, you're quite the adrenaline junkie." She pondered.

"Oh believe me I am, but this kind of skill, you don't always walk away from unchanged, if you can even walk away at all." SW explained.

"That's not an explanation." Kafka pointed out. "Just stop beating around the bush and tell me."

"Alright, alright." SW told her. "It's called Player Change." She explained. "In the simplest way possible, it allows me to become someone else, memories, mannerism, skills and all." She told Kafka. "In other words its the perfect stealth technique."

"So you essentially just transform yourself into a copy of another person." Kafka realized. "I can see the hesitation, you'd practically lose yourself, if you're not careful."

"You're half correct.' SW told her. "Yes, losing yourself is one part of the process, but I'm not copying a person." SW told her.

"You aren't."

"Nope. I'm overriding them with my own consciousness. Essentially I upload myself into their mind, putting there own consciousness on hold while I control everything else." SW told her.

"That's...unsettling." Kafka told her. She didn't know what to feel about that. The implications of such a power was...truly astounding.

"Yes, if we cloned them, it would take too much effort and the clone could fall apart. Much easier to just hack the person themselves." SW told her.

"In the perfect scenario, I can simply slip and slip out unscathed and undetected." SW told her.

"And what about the imperfect scenario..." Kafka wondered.

"Well there are three ways it can go wrong, number 1, if its someone like blade who suffers from being mara struck, then there is a chance I can contract the mara, basically any sickness or physical conditions could be passed on." SW noted.

"Number 2," She continued. "I can leave unscathed physically, but mentally I can take something else. For example if I were to take you over and then leave, there is a high chance I could possibly take some personality traits from you instead of my own, like your love for coats." SW told Kafka.

"Well that doesn't sound so bad." Kafka mused. "I could finally take you shopping with me."

"I can conversely leave a part of myself inside you, like say my love for gaming." SW deadpanned.

"Okay never mind, it's not as nice as I thought." Kafka sighed.

"Number 3 is the worst though...I don't leave at all." SW told her. "Essentially I fall too deep into the mask, I forget who I am and think I am the person I possessed. It's very risky and its the main reason us Punklorde's don't use it. It's arguably a fate worse than . No one would know what happened to us, we wouldn't even know. We'd be lost in the hack or old identities completely erased."

"Hmm...so I take it you don't want to do it." Kafka mused

"Nah, of course I'll do it." SW told her. "I just need to make sure I'm not doing it without a good reason." SW answered. "Plus I have you and the hunters to help me out." SW told her.

"Is that an actual compliment from you? I'm touched." Kafka told her.

"So, who do I become, or where do I go?" SW asked.

Who or where does she go?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)