More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by TekoPenn TekoPenn

What Happens Next?

Side-Story: Just Another Day for Gwen

Earth-6166B

SWORD HQ, somewhere in Earth's orbit

Spider-Woman watched the video feed carefully, making sure everything went as soothingly as possible. On the screen, a dark, slim figure stalked the room, taking out targets one-by-one. However, the figure slipped, tripping an alarm.

Suddenly, the lights in the previously darkened room turned on, revealing the would-be intruder in full: a slender, black-covered figure with claws and a white spider insignia on her chest. Her face consistent of large white spots that were her eyes, and a large toothy smile.

The figure, known as Venom, was quickly surrounded by several drones. However, she just looked on with glee before jumping onto the attack. One by one, she defeated the drones to pieces, alternating between using her claws to tear them apart and shooting out dark-colored webbing to tie them down.

As she destroyed the last of them, Venom stood up, scanning the room with her enhanced senses for any more obstacles. She then rushed forward, hopefully towards an exit.

However, she was cut off by a bio-electric blast interrupting her path. Venom quickly looked around, but was then pounced on from behind. Turning towards her attacker, she spots Spider-Woman, readying her right hand for another bio-blast.

Venom quickly goes on the offensive, firing webbing at her before charging in with her claws. Unfortunately, her opponent dodged her web shot, and grabbed her by wrist, quickly pinning her against the floor. Before she could strike back, Spider-Woman holds her hand just above her head, ready to blast her.

A moment passed, the two looking each other in the eye before Spider-Woman said out loud, "Okay, shut it down. We're done for today."

Immediately, the alarms in the training room went silent, and the lighting returned to normal. Spider-Woman released her opponent, helping her up. "You did better today," she said, "but you're not there yet."

Venom responded with a low growl, before taking a deep breath. In a moment, the symbiote costume dissipated, revealing a young woman, with long, blonde hair. "Thanks, Jessica, I guess," Gwen Stacy said.

Jessica Drew put a reassuring hand on Gwen's shoulder, saying "From the looks of it, you're getting a handle on the symbiote. You just gotta remember to keep calm. Okay?"

Gwen nodded, and Spider-Woman then dismissed her for the day.


As Gwen exited the training room and started walking down the hallway, an all-too familiar conversation started in her head.

"When are we leaving?" asked the symbiote.

"When Jessica says we can, you know that," Gwen replied.

"Come on," the symbiote whined, "we haven't attacked anyone in months, we're getting our proper nutrients, we're doing everything that woman tells us to do, WHY CAN'T WE JUST LEAVE ALREADY?!"

Gwen gripped her shoulders, and said grimly, "You know exactly why."

The symbiote groaned internally for a moment, but relented, as Gwen reached her room.

Stepping inside, she started changing from the training SWORD outfit into her pajamas. She grabbed a book, laid down on the bed, and started reading. However, Gwen didn't get very far into it before her eyes drifted to the wall besides her.

When she first got here, she put up a few photos: one of her and her father alongside a flyer for his funeral; a group photo of Gwen and her friends at ESU; and lastly, one of her and Mary Jane, her best friend.

The moment Gwen looked at the photo of her and MJ, guilt and regret immediately flood her mind. She had spent many nights, wishing she could take back what happened between them.

Now, she wasn't in the mood to read any more. She put the book down, and just laid down, hoping some sleep would help her forget for a while.

What Happens Next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)