More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Noname appears! Noname appears!

There's places to be kid, pick one.

Shokugeki no Soma! FOOD WARS!

This is a personal favorite of mine having a good mixture of erotic scenes, action, humor, cringe moments, and of course food and culinary knowledge. While I may not be caught up with the show, I will put down the general setting and plot.

[SETTING]

The series is set mainly at Totsuki Saryo Culinary Institute, an elite culinary school located in Tokyo, Japan, which only a handful of students graduate each year. Its students mostly come from Totsuki's junior high school, but transfers are taken provided they pass the entrance exam. The campus is a wide-ranging resort with many research societies (clubs); cooking classrooms, and large arenas used for competitions. Housing varies, but the most affordable is the Polaris Dormitory, where characters have to impress the dorm matron with a dish in order to secure residence. Totsuki also runs a chain of resort hotels; with the biggest being the Totsuki resort; run by Gin Dojima, which is visited during the course of Soma's first year at Totsuki.

The top student chefs occupy seats on the Council of Ten Masters. Students can initiate a shokugeki (anime: food war), a cooking fight with stipulations on the line, with any other student or alumni. Battles fought in this way could be for cooking utensils, research society facilities, council membership, or even expulsion from the school.

[PLOT]

Teenager Soma Yukihira aspires to become a full-time chef in his father Joichiro's family restaurant and surpass his father's culinary skills, but Joichiro gets a new job that requires him to travel around the world and closes his shop. Joichiro has Soma enroll in Totsuki Saryo Culinary Institute, an elite culinary school where students engage in food competitions called shokugeki. He secures himself a spot at the school, despite the objections of Erina Nakiri, the talented granddaughter of the school's dean. Soma is assigned to Polaris Dormitory where he meets other aspiring chefs, including Megumi Tadokoro. The story follows his adventures as he interacts with his peers and challenges Totsuki's students as well as others in shokugeki competitions. Learning that his father was not only a student of Totsuki, but also the second seat in the Council of Ten; Soma plans on becoming the best at the academy.

Soma and the other first-year students participate in a cooking camp judged by the school's alumni that expels about a third of the entering class. He enters the Fall Classic, a competition that takes the top 60 first-year students, pares them down to eight students who then compete in a single elimination tournament. The first-years then participate in week-long stagiaire internships at local restaurants, as well as a large-scale school-wide Moon Festival. During the Moon Festival, Erina's father Azami takes over the school, Soma and Erina form a rebel faction to challenge the establishment. The disgruntled members of the Council join the Rebel Faction and with support from Joichiro and Gin, the Rebels confront Azami's organization Central in a mass Shokugeki. Eventually the Rebels emerge victorious and oust Azami with Erina as the new Headmaster.

Afterwards, Soma and the others enter into their second year. Several of the members in the Fall Classic have been promoted into the Council, replacing the graduating third year batch. Their first assignment concerns about the existence of "dark chefs", those who work with criminal organizations and other VIPs. A particular organization, the "Les Cuisiniers Noirs", is led by Joichiro's former protege Asahi Saiba who defeated the former. Asahi infiltrates Totsuki, and abducts Erina from the Academy, with the intention to marry her. To recover Erina, the trio of Soma, Megumi and Takumi participate in an invitation-only cooking competition called BLUE, organized by the World Gourmet Organization under its Headmaster Mana Nakiri, Erina's mother. The trio encounter and fight against the Dark Chefs, with Soma eventually defeating Asahi. The manga ends with Soma and Erina facing each other in the final match of BLUE. Erina acknowledges Soma's cooking but insists on calling it "disgusting". Ashashi lost Blue and Soma wins, Azami discover the bad person that he was and change, accepting Ashashi in the family Nakiri 5 years after like Ashashi Nakiri.

[Noname: I have read a few great fan fiction of Shokugeki no Soma, and I hope that this would go well.]

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)