More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Necro5 Necro5

Stories:

Shield-Maiden of Temeria

"You know, I can't help but feel simply sorry for this all..." spoke Eve of Rivia, watching as Loc Muine was engulfed in flames. It was like the moment, she left to sort her own problems or other problems - the world simply caught on fire.

"I know Radovid hates mages, but even that trick was easily seen through. The Blacks suddenly capturing the Kingslayer with ease - and suddenly the Lodge, all of it is responsible?" she sighed.

"Radovid' actions might have robbed the North a valuable weapon against the Nilfgaardians," she spoke, shaking her head.

"After everything that has happened, how do you think Temeria will be?" asked Eve, as the two former renegades now likely Temerian heroes, made their way out of Loc Muinne.

"With Anais La Valette in John Natalis' hands and King Henselt dead - you guys went from being on the brink of civil war and having your country divided. To being more stable than the largest state in the North. Do you think Radovid is going to eat Kaedwen or wait until after the Nilfgaardians have run over the place?"

Vernon gave his answer in seconds. "If there's anyone who can lead Temeria against Nilfgaard, it's Natalis. He showed it at Brenna, but it will not be easy. It never is."

He thought about the few last weeks, what he and the witcheress had gone through. "The coming months will be crucial. I hope Temeria and the North are ready when the south comes marching."

"Henselt is dead, so Kaedwen might take some time. Or Radovid might just eat it up and not bother with pleasantries," said Eve, as they put distance between them and Loc Muinne.

"Plus the North has had an issue of backstabbing eachother like hungry wolves upon eachother. A week's ago Redania and Kaedwen would have eagerly eaten Temeria apart. Now, the biggest kingdom in the North is about to be eaten," she spoke. Henselt deserved his fate, for being a warmonger, ungrateful bastard and Ves, who was almost a half-sister to the Witcheress after everything. "Do you think Temeria will get a small bite?"

"Ironic huh, how fortunes quickly change in the North. Still best keep eyes open, Letho might be dead now but he might have had some friends."

"Sometimes you got do to what you need to do. Most of the times, though, if you haven't noticed, people screw each other lives for a handful of coppers. Kings aren't much different. The North has been like that for centuries, you of all people should know that. The White Wolf of Rivia, and all that. My duty still lies with Temeria. But I agree with keeping the eyes open. What are going to do now, witcheress?"

"I guess head back to Temeria for now, if the Kingslayer word is true - then my friend Yen is likely somewhere in Nilfgaard," she said. "Which, if I am not mistaken - would be the worst time to go, just as they are planning an attack on the North."

"Its a good place as any to, sit down and think through some things," added Eve - before speaking some humor. "Hope I am not mistaken, for the Kingslayer this time. I hope my aid in returning Anais, and killing the actual Kingslayer - which you saw yourself, is worth its value in truth."

"If not, then I hope you can tattoo that Blue Stripes marking back on," she chuckled - one think Roche might say about his life, he got to see what a drunk and naked female Witcheress looked like; when they were staying in Flotsam.

Vernon blushed a little, but he kept his face turned away from Eve. "Perhaps I will. But right now I'll be needing new recruits for the Blue Stripes. I have some contacts in Vizima that might help in finding suitable recruits. Care to join?

"I got nothing better to do, for the moment - so why not," spoke Eve, as they soon acquired some horses and made way to Vizima, along the roads. "Ironic, that everything started in Vizima and now we are returning there once more."

"I do have to ask, Vernon. Of Princess Adda, Foltest' eldest, and Radovid' current wife - if Radovid is to die in this Nilfgaard war, would that make Temeria then the ruler of Redania?" she humored, putting some simple talks, as they rode to Vizima.

Road to...

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)