More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by alexeimariposa alexeimariposa

What do you do?

Share a room.

You and Doe decide it makes the most sense to just share a room. After all, you're friends. You can do this just fine.

When you reach your destination after a long drive, it's getting late. Everyone decides to turn in for the night so you all can rest up for a big day of sightseeing tomorrow. You and Doe get your keycards and go up to your room.

The first thing you notice upon entering is how warm it is. The AC is cranked all the way up and it's still at least in the mid-eighties in this room. At least it isn't humid. The front desk mentioned it would be warm, but that didn't prepare you for this.

"Holy shit John, it's really hot in here." says Doe. "It's going to be tough to sleep."

"No kidding." you respond. "It's like a sauna with beds. This is terrible." You survey the room. There are two twin size beds with two pillows each, fitted sheet, standard sheet, blanket, and comforter. The TV is small and, on further inspection, only gets the closed-circuit hotel information channel and C-SPAN, so TV is a no go. The curtains are nice, thick blackout curtains. Someone could shine a spotlight at that window and you'd never know. There's one end table between the two beds, with a lamp, clock-radio, and telephone on it. There is only one section of closet space, with built in hangers.

The bathroom is cramped, but certainly enough space for one person at a time to fit comfortably. It's got the basics. A sink, a bathtub/shower combination, a flush toilet, and a medicine cabinet. The bathtub/shower has non-slip skids on the floor and a handrail along the wall. There's a curtain, but it's plastic, transparent, and only one layer. It's clean, so that's a plus, but it's nothing special.

Having examined the room to your satisfaction, you take the bed closest to the window and furthest from the bathroom. Doe takes the other.

You look at the clock. It's 10:00 PM. "Well!" says Doe, "I think it's time to turn in. Do you want the shower first, or should I take it?

Who takes the first shower?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)