More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Storm Chyld Storm Chyld

Which of the fallen will rise first?

Sergeant Roberts.

Sergeant Roberts was moving through the city streets in full gear, with his M4 in hand. His fire team was following him down the streets watching his back, while the rest of the platoon had split up into three groups, as they scanned the area. This was his third mission, and he had already lost a lot of friends in the fight against the aliens. He was hoping to avoid loosing more this time around.

Roberts stepped past the debris of an orb like drone, as he took point. The first time he had seen one of these, it had popped up out of nowhere and blasted Anderson through the chest. These hovering devices were equipped with advanced detection kits, and some kind of energy weapon. Deadly when you were unprepared. They didn't have much armor to protect themselves, so they weren't hard to kill if you saw them coming.

Coming up on one of the first canisters, the large man shuddered inwardly, when he saw the green cocoons of living human beings scattered near its landing site. They were awaiting pickup by the aliens. If his team could keep the aliens from getting to them, they were hopeful they could save some of them.

“We got contacts.” Smith, from fire team two called out over the radio.

Roberts and his men turned toward the sound of gunfire both automatic, and the distinct sound of the alien energy weapons. The weapons were brutally efficient, capable of blowing through light and moderate cover, and tearing armored soldiers apart. The two SEALS with him, turned and began moving toward the firefight, while Roberts scanned the area, watching for any kind of flanking attempt.

“Ah shit, they can fucking...” Smith screamed, before the radio went dead.

The two soldiers broke into a run, trying to get to the fire team in time, while Roberts dashed after them.

“Hold the fuck up, it could be a trap.” He called after them, keeping an eye out.

Suddenly a creature came flying out of an alleyway, half cybernetic, and half biological. The red skinned beast, only had an upper torso, and its lower anatomy was composed of a huge thruster module. Its right hand held a small gun, the other, looked like the barrel of some sort of launcher.

“Get the fuck down!” Roberts screamed.

It was to late, the creature aimed the tube, and fired a grenade right between the two men. The explosion detonated in that same green energy the aliens were known to use. A wave of hit Vincent lifting him up off his feet, and throwing him clear of the blast. But as the blast reached it's apex, tendrils continued past, one catching his left arm.

The tough soldier screamed in agony, as his left arm was instantly disintegrated, and the wave of heat from the blast cooked his side, before launching him into a car. Despite his helmet, the blow of his head hitting the car's windshield, caused his whole world to go dark.

What happened next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)