More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 5

What's next?

Semra's steamy antics with a handsome stranger cause her husband John to almost lose his mind

Some guy had took a kicking, suffering mild concussion, three suspected broken ribs, severe bruising with minor lacerations to his left forearm. Mostly superficial. But we had to take him to A&E. Francis drove us while I monitored the patient. Although we mainly talked football.

~

We were back at the docklands by one-thirty. I had heard nothing from Semra or Monica for three hours. Surely she wasn’t being unfaithful. I decided to text her. “Wt u been up 2? Still having fun? Luv u X”

I slipped the phone back into my breast pocket. Suddenly it started to vibrate. I immediately took it out and glanced at the screen. Picture after picture was downloading. Semra looked more dishevelled than before. Hot, sweaty, but sexy as fuck. The first few she was with Monica, who looked more than a little tipsy. But in the next few, Semra was in the arms of some stud. I guess it was the guy she was dancing with before. He looked like a rugby player - one you shouldn’t trust with your wife. The first one he held her from behind, his hand brushing the bottom of her tits. The second was the same, but this time he was resting his lips on her cheek. In final one, Semra looked tired but satisfied. Her hair no longer perfect, messy in fact. The way she looks after sex. The picture was captioned, “Miss me?”

I called her. She answered, but the music was deafening. So I texted her “Yes. Of course I miss you.”

Suddenly a job came in over the radio. Dispatch said there were several injuries caused by a suspected mass brawl inside a restaurant. As I climbed into the ambulance I felt my phone vibrate. I desperately wanted to answer the call as it was obviously Semra. But when faced with an emergency, my job came first. So on came the blues and twos, and off we raced.

I had been on some strange jobs. A recent one being two homeosexuals cemented together, but this was the sickest, most violent. What had been reported as a mass brawl seemed more akin to something out of a Tarantino movie.The location was a upmarket Chinese restaurant and inside was a bloodbath. I’m no detective but it seemed to me to be some kind of straightener between two Mafia groups. No fatalities were evident - bodies probably moved. But there were eleven young Asian men all with deep lacerations, mainly to their arms. The police were in attendance but it goes without saying that none of the Asians would talk.

Me and Francis, along with three other crews got on with the job. And spent the rest of the night between the crime scene and the A&E. No time for Semra.

~

Finally the end was upon me. The ambulance station was back-lit by a crown of flames from the virgin sun breaking the horizon. It burned an aggressive red as it was a harbinger of doom. But I shrugged off any sense of foreboding as I locked the driver’s door for the final time that shift. However, I had no idea of what the day had in store for me.

As the adrenaline wore off, fatigue set in. Autopilot guided me through the ‘end of shift report,’ then led me back to my car. As I crossed the wet tarmac of the carpark I suddenly remembered Semra. My beautiful wife. How could I forget? I pulled out my mobile and glanced at my screen.

My legs filled with concrete and I stopped in my tracks. Even my heart froze solid in my chest. The weight of the world fell on me and my tired fingers opened, dropping my kitbag onto the tarmac. Semra’s last message, sent three hour before, read, “Shall I go home alone?” It was then followed by two missed calls. And finally a picture message.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)