More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by conkers024 conkers024

Which class are you off to first?

Second Year Orientation

Classes begin with Orientation. All students in your year, which total to less that sixty, meet in the Grand Hall, A large open area which serves as an auditorium. All students take seats, separated by House. You sit amongst the other Wyvern students, right between your new roommate and his girlfriend. They seem like nice enough people. Keira pulls a small bag of candy out of her bag and offers you some but you politely refuse. This is all a bit overwhelming and you're far too nervous to have an appetite. Liam senses your tension and tries to calm you by explaining orientation is a simple formality in which the professors explain the goals of the new year and administer a simple test to determine each student's magical potential.

Three members of the faculty take the podium. An elderly but intimidating man introduces himself as Frederick Hallgrave the Headmaster of the academy, and a former Cerberus student nearly a century ago. Next a young disheveled professor in a white lab coat introduces himself as Samael Schwartz head of the school's medical department and professor of Alchemic studies. Finally a busty, curvy brunette in a short sweater dress and knee high griffin leather boots introduces herself as Rebecca Dove, the dean of students and professor of Archaic Sorcery. She particularly peaks your attention.

After a few more lectures on the importance of working together and studying hard, the orientation comes to a close with the public grading of student's magical potential. This is when each student is lead onto the stage and tested for their magical aptitude by professor Schwartz. A white crown carved from the branch a thousand year old tree is place on the student's head and depending on the color the wood turns, a student's potential magical ability is determined by professor Schwartz on a scale of 1 to 100. Most students average about 40 to 52 on the scale. Liam and Keira both peak in the low 60's. You watch however as a short but beautiful blonde with sage green eyes and an ample chest takes the crown and manages to get a score of 93. Whispers break out amongst the students and you overhear the girl's identity. She's from Phoenix house and her name is Harmony Ashcroft. Her family founded the academy centuries ago, meaning she comes from deep magical roots and a privileged background. They says she's very antisocial and finds the other students beneath her not even acknowledging them if their score is below an 80.

Finally your turn comes, you nervously walk up the stage and pray to hit a number that won't embarrass you. Schwartz senses your anxiety and gently reassures you there's nothing to be nervous about. You sit and feel the crown placed upon your head, it constricts and it almost feels like it's scratching your brain as the process commences. A moment later professor Schwartz makes the announcement. 108, he proclaims with a confidence in his voice that assures you he's not just messing with you. The Hall falls silent for just a moment before erupting into a sea of questions. No one knows who you are or how it's possible for anyone to hit a score above a hundred. The headmaster himself is at 97. The Headmaster quickly silences the room with his booming voice. before dismissing the others to their homerooms and asking you and the other professors to join him in his office.

There he quickly explains that they expected this from you after your little public magical outburst. A little digging int their archives and they discovered that you have familial roots in the four most powerful magical families in existence, The Ashcrofts, Hallgraves, Kyries, and Eldrics. A direct descendant of history's most powerful wizards, you are in a unique position in this academy. They tell you to tread carefully and be wary of others' intentions before sending you off to your first class.

Which class are you off to first?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)