More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Dattboi69 Dattboi69

What is your name and age?

Scott, Male, 20

“Welcome Scott.”

The virtual face in front of you shifts her gaze.

“Hmm, this is odd. It seems your cryo-tech is behind schedule. Please wait here.”

Odd, but you understand. This was a massive undertaking, and there’s probably a lot of commotion going on right now with everyone waking up. You look to the computer.

“Are there a lot of people being woken up today?”

“Hmm, this is odd. It seems your cryo-tech is behind schedule. Please wait here.”

You remember that you shouldn’t put that much faith into her. It? Anyways, you might as well take a look outside your door, maybe flagging someone down could get you some answers.

You walk towards your door, and as you reach for the handle, the lights above your head flicker. You feel a rumble through the floor of the ship. A loud groaning sound pierces your ears, causing you to wince. You grab the handle on your bulkhead and twist. The door is wrenched open and flies off its hinges as the water in the air condensates. Your cabin depressurizes.

“SEALING EMERGENCY BULKHEAD” Blares out of the computer as you see a thin silver barrier shoot out of the top of the door heading towards the floor.

You notice how eerily quiet the room is without air, and shut your eyes. Your arms are wrapped around a railing next to the computer, as you hang on for your life while the bulkhead closes. Through your eyelids, you can see the lights in the room flashing and exploding sparks down onto you. Finally, you start to hear an alarm as the room begins to repressurize, and you finally let out your breath, taking in as much oxygen as your screaming lungs can take. You realize you’re floating off of the ground as it sounds like a freight train is barreling through the walls.

The computer’s voice is no longer realistic, as it screams “BRACE FOR IMPACT. BRACE FOR IMPACT. BRACE FOR IMPACT”. In a poorly-rendered virtual voice. You look to your cryo pod, and grab the handle on the side, swinging yourself inside and slamming the lid shut. In your dark compartment, you brace for whatever comes.

Are you ready?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)