More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Ragnockae136 Ragnockae136

But where do we begin our story?

School of the Cat, Temeria

As Artur entered the Ruins of the School of the Cat he felt like his True role had come anew, the Wild Hunt had been defeated, and Artur sought to move everything here to Kovir. The School of the Cat Deserved a Second Chance, and King Tancred was willing to help him restore the School of the Cat. He just needed to bring the Equipment here to Kovir. Tancred had granted him the "Right of Selection" a special law that allowed a Cat School Witcher to Recruit anybody he or she wished within almost any circumstances. He used this to recruit Orphaned Children and Non-Humans. He Brought them to the newly constructed Citadel of Kaer Vesemir, and would train them as the next generation of Cat School Witchers. He knew from personal experience how Carefully The Creation of a New Witcher had to be, Having done so many times over. He had decided that the School of the Cat would have to be reformed into a New School. He had decided on the School of the Panther, and as a Panther was Technically a Cat, their was no need to Adjust the Medallions.

As for Witcher Creation Artur had mo fond memories of the Trial of the Grasses. But he theorised that the First part of Witcher Creation, the exposure to and consumption of Fungi and Various Herbs which assist the Bodies Metabolic Changes in the Trial of the Grasses, when done some time prior to and over the course of time up until the Preliminary Trials could in fact strengthen the Body, making it more receptive to the Agonising Changes. Yennefer had previously Lifted a Curse off of Avallach, by using the first pat of the Trial, which opened the body to change. She kept his condition stable through Magic. It occurred to Artur that if one or More Sorceresses kept a Witcher undergoing this Notorious Trial were to Hage previously been exposed to the Fungi and Herbs in Small Moderate Doses over the course of their Training, and then partake the Trial of the Grasses and be kept alive and stable through magic, then the Survival Odds of the Process would be drastically raised.

He also read and studied Tomas Moreau's Studies on Witcher Mutations, and having conferred with Geralt on the enhancements gained. Saw benefits in them, and underwent them himself. The results were Obviously different from Geralts since Artur had undergone at least Six Trials of the Grasses over the course of his Lifetime, each time more agonizing and Productive than the last. His Signs Power was Supercharged When used, twice as much when his Anger and Adrenaline Mixed and he retained some control. His Vitality and Regeneration had increased exponentially, granting him Tougher Skin, and Three Times as Much Toxicity Resistance to Potions. His Eyes could see in every Spectrum of Vision, and His Other Senses could Detect Scents even Centuries old, while his Hearing could detect sounds even miles away. His Muscles were Stronger and gave him more Physical Strength and Athleticism.

But in any case he could see that while not much could be salvaged the Secrets of the School will still protected by the Defences Artur had set. He took them in hand and went about gathering the other secrets he had hidden and protected. He took everything that could be used or repaired. Then he came across the Body of Master Erhlen, the One who mentored him in the Ways of the Cat and taught him restraint in spite of their ill Reputation. Erhlen had lived for Hundreds of Years, he was a Half-Elf/Half-Human. He was the son of an Elven Sage and the Human Falka, that Falka. He had on his body the Diagrams of how to forge the Cat Medallions, Silver Swords, Steel Swords, and Enhanced Superior Grandmaster Armor Diagrams. He also had the Secrets of the Trial of the Grasses of the Cat School. He took these Diagrams, and Erhlen's Corpse to Bury beneath the New School in a Grand Crypt.

Artur then returned to Kovir, and Began to Gather the new Witcher Recruits in the Library and Had them Study Bestiary Entries and Quizzed them On it, making them Do so hours on end without a break, before then making them Run the Mountain Pass. This followed a Base meal of Bread and Water, and Further Studying. He then Had them Practice Fencing and various other stuff. He did this until they could Adeptly Answer his Quizzes Correctly and Perform the other Training Regimens Adequately. Then Made them Eat Fungi and Herbs Capable which made them ill, and then made them Repeat the Previous Training and Studying. Though Cold and a little Cruel it prepared them more for the Trials.

He wasn't endearing himself to the children in this way, but that changed a bit when he showed them the truth of the Previous Survival Odds. They were obviously terrified, but became less so when he told them that the Early Consumption and Exposure to the Fungi would Make the Trial of the Grasses less painful. And that since thsir bodies will have grown accustomed to such Change, their odds of living increased as well.

But right now Artur was meant to go to Tancred's Court to meet up with Merigold. They'd not spoken in some time, and as the head of the Newly Reformed Conclave of Magic and Sorcery it was her job to rebuild the stores of knowledge thatbhad been destroyed by Artur's Father, late King of Redania Radovid V "The Stern" or more recently "The Mage Butcher" or Just "The Butcher". Artur had begun to Launch studies into Magical Mutations, not just Witcher Mutations. His Personal experiences and various Studies meant he is the current foremost expert on Magical Anomalies and Mutations. He had been writing many Books and Treatises on His Experiences and his Discovers, which had been the bulk of the rebuilding of Magical Libraries. He had also been corresponding with Carneir Of Beauclair, a Toussaint Born Sorcerer who is A Well-Known Alchemist and Herbalist, and Explorer of Magical Theories.

Carneir had authored many books on Alchemy and Herbalism. He Was known for his Expansive and Highly-Detailed Entries on Herbs. Carneir had been Spearheading New Magical Research, and with the aid of a Certain Higher Vampire, had written much on Vampire Culture and Nature. His Book on the Vampires was titled: Even Monsters have Humanity, From the Knowledge of my dear Friend, a Higher Vampire. Carneir had Sought to test Theories that The Blood of a Higher Vampire had undocumented Properties of unknown Proportions. He'd been researching it for Two years now. His work had born some fruit, and he was scheduled to Bring it before the New Conclave. Artur was an Associate member of the Conclave, and he also wished to present his own latest discoveries. He Left The Keep in The Care of Hjalmer an Crait and The Druid Hjort

And as he entered the Court and Sat at the Table seated next to His Mother, Philippa Eilhart and Elven Sage Ida Aep Emean Sivney, Carneir Entered and Began his Presentation.......

Conclusion and Results of?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)