More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Nemo of Utopia Nemo of Utopia

What tools present themselves?

Samurai Swords

Two Swords, in lacquered black sheaths on my left hip, I know them like I know my own hands, which is to say paradoxically both intimately and not at all, yet without any conscious thought they are drawn and in my hands and as the first of the bounding gigantic toads lunges to the attack I begin to dance with those beasts that would threaten the strange and exotic beauty on the pillar.

*Slash*, "Glurk!" one of the toads falls, bisected.

*Chop*, "Hughng!" another which was reaching to slash with those wicked claws pulls back only bloodied stumps.

I am to give ground, there are still three of them and only one of me: their fangs dripping with acidic spittle, and claws like needle tipped knives.

*Slice*, "Dronk!" my long blade takes one through the eye, spilling open its brainpan, and now there are two.

The last two have grown cannier, they circle for advantage, and get to either side of me.

I can take one, but the other will surely get in a strike ere I can respond...


https://www.patreon.com/nemoofutopia

Is this the end of our tale, so soon? Or is there, as they say, a "Wrinkle" in the game?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)