More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by vanillathunder vanillathunder

Which story?

Salon-the-Job Training

Alex ended up working in a salon practically by accident. See, he had been applying for jobs at several local places, in order to contribute to his upcoming college tuition in the fall, and in the high volume, he sent a few out to places he barely glanced it, just to put feelers out. He had assumed that Chez Aphrodite was a hipster bar or coffee shop. On the same token, the owner of the salon misread his resume, and based on his name, thought he was a young woman. Color them both surprised when the clearly male Alex showed up for the interview.

Despite the initial confusion, the owner, Emilia, was impressed with Alex's resume and offered him a job sweeping up hair as a start, perhaps moving him to taking payment once he was familiar with the place. As one of the only actual interviews that Alex got, he quickly accepted.

For the first few weeks, everything was going well, Alex was sweeping, the other employees, like the hair stylist, Camille, and the manicurist, Rosie, were friendly to him, getting on well. But there were a few stray comments about the "young man" and how some of the clients (mostly women) were uncomfortable with him being there. Now, because the employees liked him and didn't want to have to let him go, they started thinking of how they could make the clients more comfortable, and restore the formerly feminine atmosphere to the salon.

One day, shortly after Alex arrived, and an hour before the salon was due to open, the three women got together to decide what their first step would be.

Where do they start with Alex? Perhaps Rosie offers to teach Alex how to do manicures, or Camille offers to teach Alex how to cut/style hair. Maybe Emilia gives Alex some fashion advice?

Where do they start with Alex?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)