More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by MidbossMan MidbossMan

Let's see that Super SUPER Rare costume design!

SSR Mikasa, the chainmail bikini barbarian

"The characters in Shingeki no Kyojin Fantasy will fill a variety of roles in the player's party and offer all sorts of tactical options. For example, a powerful tank like Reiner might appear as an armored knight, or a DPS specialist like Levi could appear as a dual-wielding swordsman! Here, we've composed a fairly balanced team, weak on magic but boasting powerful physical capabilities and a useful healer that can make up for their low health. Let's go through them one by one!"

"Did you hear that? Whoever that is, they even know about Reiner," Jean whispered to Armin, now keeping his voice low, as if that could stop the entity inside his head from hearing. "It sounds like they've got way more than just the three of us hidden somewhere."

"We'll rescue them all," Mikasa interjected in a no-nonsense voice.

"Even Reiner? He's-" Jean started, momentarily cross, before suddenly backing up with widening eyes. His entire outfit had begun to glow, then transform. Before he could tell what was happening, his uniform was swapped out for a dark, cloaked outfit, consisting of brown leather wrapped in black belts and a dark, black hood, shrouding his head. His blades, designed for taking down Titans, had been swapped out for two curved daggers, and his 3-D maneuver gear had vanished entirely. "Huh?! What gives? How am I supposed to fight titans with these?!" he asked, holding up the two knives and looking both irate and unimpressed.

"Here, we've swapped Jean into his SSR Thief form! His mobility and nimble acrobatics make up for a somewhat untrustworthy character. He's got a high luck stat and can boost the party's rewards."

"Oi, what the hell are you talking about? 'Untrustworthy character?!' I'm more of a leader than anything else! Shouldn't I be a captain, or commander, or something?!" he questioned, sounding more and more offended.

"... You do sort of have a face like a thief," Armin suggested.

"He's right," Mikasa agreed. "Back in training camp, Eren and I thought that you looked like a trouble-making type. I'm glad you didn't turn out to be."

Jean cast his eyes aside with a sour frown. "Hmph. So that's what you guys think of me, huh?"

Meanwhile, the voice in their heads didn't sound much happier. "Hm? Not excited about this character? Ah, this test group isn't many women, is it? Jean's a very popular character with women, I think."

"Yeah? Could have fooled me," Jean grumbled, crossing his arms as he considered his inability to make any meaningful relationships with the opposite sex over the last four years.

"Oh well. We'll just move on to the next one. Let's focus on Armin! Armin isn't a front-line fighter, but he's great at supporting his allies. That's why he's the perfect fit to be the party's healer! Meet SSR Healer Armin!"

Armin backed up, sweating a little with anxiety. Jean as a thief was kind of weird, but him as a healer was just nonsense-- he knew a little more about medicine than a lot of other scouts, but that was it. As his new clothes began to manifest, he felt even sillier. "Isn't this... a dress?" he asked, growing a little red-faced as he held up the long sleeves of the church habit he was wearing and pulled the skirt out to the side. "Why am I in a skirt?!"

"Why is Armin in a skirt?" the voice asked. "Oh, this sort of thing also tested very popular with the female crowd. Who aren't here... Right! Ahem. Well, they're going to love it. And even if you aren't a fan of the look, you'll certainly appreciate Armin's healing skills when your front-line fighters are in a pinch!"

"I don't want to wear women's clothing! Can't I be some other type of support role?!" Armin questioned. His blades had been swapped out for a long, metal staff with an ornate, wing-tipped head, which seemed like it'd be even more ineffective than Jean's knives if he had to fight.

"... Cute," Mikasa remarked quietly, burying her chin in her muffle to dampen her voice.

"Huh? Is it?" Jean questioned, lowering his eyebrows with a wide frown on his face. "Maybe if he still had his longer hair from when he was a kid."

"J-Jean? It doesn't make me happy to hear you saying that," Armin murmured. "I'm starting to hope this is just a dream."

"Wait. If we're both types like this, then what does that make Mikasa?" Jean asked, trying not to let a hopeful look show too clearly on his face. He kept a stoic frown, while looking her over from her feet to her muffler. "She's going to freak out if they take that muffler. Hey, remember... it's just a dream, alright? The muffler will come back later. We can probably make them turn us back into our 'R' forms."

Mikasa clutched one hand to her red scarf with an irritable frown. She knew she didn't have the luxury of worrying about some cloth right now, but Jean was right-- she would fight tooth and nail to keep her gift from Eren. Unfortunately, he'd been right on the money. As her clothes began to glow with the same light as Jean and Armin's, she saw her scarf gathering the same ominous luminescence.

"For a team like this, you need damage! That means not a knight, not a swordsman, but a barbarian! SSR Mikasa is a high-DPS barbarian type who uses power and speed to quickly clean up enemies. Her durability is low, but that won't matter if you strike first and strike hard! Plus, I think you'll all be a big fan of the visuals."

Jean and Armin watched closely, privately intrigued by the possibilities here. At first, there was a tinge of disappointment. A heavy, fur-cloak manifested, falling around Mikasa's shoulders and covering her head with a bear-eared hood. However, the rest of the outfit didn't so much "replace" her wardrobe as it had been with the others. Rather, it offered significantly less coverage, with the main piece consisting of just a chain mesh. It wasn't a skirt, but rather, a metallic two piece form of brassy gold links, covering the breasts and lower body in a bikini style. The coverage, or lack there-of, gave them a never-before-seen access to see her impressive breasts, six-pack abs, and the tight musculature of her thighs and biceps. It was rare to see Mikasa in anything less than a full uniform.

Both of the boys went wide-eyed, now wondering if they really were suffering from some collective dream. There was no way to refer to this wardrobe change but "a dream come true." The bikini armor was the main attraction, but she additionally came outfitted with a huge, twin-headed axe, as well as a few other armor pieces: pauldrons, boots, gloves, and a hefty belt that was almost doing as much work as the bikini itself at hiding the cleft of her ass-cheeks. The bear-skin cloak made the whole thing look more tasteful from a distance than it really was.

Mikasa finally got the hint from their stares to examine her clothes more closely, growing slightly red-faced as she did. Armin averted his eyes, but Jean was having a harder time doing so. "Jean... You really do look like a creep, making that face," she warned him.

"Huh? What does it matter if I look at your clothes?" Jean questioned. "Oh, so now you're concerned about me treating you like a woman? You're four years too late, there! It's not like I'm Eren."

That really did make Mikasa squirm. The one person she really didn't want her to see her like this was Eren. "We'll get our clothes back... right?" she questioned, suddenly dreading what it would be like to have to carry out her entire mission in Marley dressed this way.

Armin, still sneaking looks from time to time and trying to pretend he wasn't, offered her some reassurance. "This has to be a dream, right? O-Or some kind of mass delusion. We'll probably forget all about this when you wake up, so don't be upset!"

Mikasa pouted a bit, trying to adjust the leather belt around her waist to cover more of the high-legged chainmail bikini bottom. "... I should trade clothes with you, Armin, since those you're wearing are for girls."

Armin shook his head wildly. "N-No way! Anything but that! Trade with Jean! W-With the hood, you'd feel more like you were in your old scout outfit, right?"

Before Jean could protest, the voice spoke back up, saving him from an awkward conversation. "Ah, you like this one, right? Yes, Mikasa is the most popular one from Shingeki No Kyojin, isn't she? And it's so rare to see her in an outfit with this much skin exposed! But what if I told you there were even greater features yet to be shown? Remember, if you like it, be sure to hit 'five stars' on your pads!"

As Mikasa crossed her arms and tried to look unaffected by the staring of the others, Jean moved closer to Armin and cupped one hand to his mouth to hide the movements of his lips. "Hey, Armin... Mikasa's actually ripped, isn't she?"

"Well, yeah. You didn't know? I thought it was pretty obvious from how she fights."

"... But she's also kind of feminine. Like... when you look at her from the side profile... especially in a bikini like that..."

"You think so?"

"Look at her now and try to imagine her without the bear hood."

Armin's face darkened and his eyes widened. "Jean... Aren't you getting a little too into this?!"

Jean elbowed Armin in the side, wearing a frantic scowl. "Why aren't you?! You're a man too, aren't you?! I should have come here with Connie, not you! He'd get it!"

Mikasa lowered her eyebrows, knowing Jean was talking about something stupid again-- this was why Eren and Jean could never got along. Well... Eren was stupid too, but a different kind of stupid. "Is this it?" she asked the open air, hoping the voice would answer.

"You're probably asking yourselves right now: is this it for the demo? And the answer, of course, is no way, no sir! We've got a lot of exciting content still lined up for you! We're going to go over party management a little bit more before we get into combat, but I think you'll be very excited at some of the features available! Let's explore even more of Shingeki no Kyoujin Fantasy!"

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)