More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by ShadeWriter ShadeWriter

Where's the Book?

Rules/Set up

.....Really? You want more? Alright alright geeze some people. HEY! HEY! You take over, I can't deal with this.... but you're always good at explaining stuff...

*Shuffle shuffle, the writing style shifts to a far more professional look*

Good Day or Evening dear guest. This chapter will include a detailed look at the Tome and how it Operates. Please be aware these are guidelines and suggestions not hard rules. That and the higher powers that be went a tad.... overboard. Let us begin.


The Tome
A tome of imps appears at first to be a simple pornographic book of fiendish short-stacks, detailing their names, personalities, and skills alongside salacious illustrations of said imps. In reality, though, such tomes are portals to pocket dimensions containing the imps who appear on the tome's pages. The form and nature of this book is dependent on both the Tome Mistress and the world the Tome finds itself in. A scroll in a eastern setting, a fantasy spell book or even a PDF file in cyberpunk; the Tome exists in all formats dependent on the world and the Tome Mistress. Though it should be noted that trying to copy the tome either by tech, magic or hand ends badly. While someone is in possession of the book, they can speak a name listed in the book and summon said Imp to their side. There is a limit to how many imps that can be summoned at once.

The imps are free-willed and are not compelled to obey the summoner, but initially will regard the owner as a friend, following commands to the best of their abilities (especially carnal ones), and cannot move the tome without permission(short of Warps). After summoning an imp, it remains until it is killed, suffers grievous damage, dismissed by the owner, leaves on it's own accord, dismissed by a banish/dismissal/dispel effect, or it spends an hour more than 30 feet away from the tome; An Imp that vanishes in such a manner usually does so in a cover of smoke that shares color with the imp's skin tone or main themed color. Defeated Imps are rapidly healed inside the Tome but cannot be summoned again for 24 hours, longer if forcefully Magically banished.

The Tome can be called to the Owner from a reasonable distance and based on the Mistress, may offer other bonuses such as improved spell casting, mental and martial skills, or physical abilities. The Tome is incredibly hard to damage but not impossible. If enough damage is dealt, the Tome will Warp to a new location or even reality if possible. Items of Holy, Order, Control, or Logic tend to be most effective in controlling the Tome.

Imps

Imps are female entities which are adults with appearance ranging from late teens to early middle age, with fully developed primary and secondary sexual characteristics. Males converted become Female. Futas may exist as well. The only common factor among Imp appearance is size. Being half the size of a normal human or smaller along with changes in skin color. Though this is dependent on the the Tome Mistress. Many Imps also sport pointed ears and horns as well. Imps also are very defensive about their height, and will get annoyed or violent if the topic is pushed to far in a non flattering way. On the mental side, they possess a upbeat, non-malicious though mischievous, fun-loving attitude, that is turned towards fun, adventure, and sexual play. All Imps end up leaning towards Bisexual, favoring both partners though the Mistress tends to have an influence on partner preference. This only opens the Imp up to the idea of trying with normally unprepared partners. may also in play, as all Imps are technically sisters by book's magic but that not entirely common.

The abilities vary for each Imp based on their past history, powers and training but each Imp tend to possesses the following, regardless of history;

  • Minor Evocation(Energy control and formation; Elemental Spells, /Energy Spells, Light and Darkness, etc etc)
  • Minor Conjuration(Light summoning and creation magic
  • Minor Illusion
  • Minor Healing
  • Regeneration and Damage Resistance
  • Levitation
  • Near immunity to disease and viruses(Magical sickness or Curses can still effect them; aka Vampire or Werewolf though the Tome can remove these effects given time)

Powers or skills based on non personalized/biological powers(aka Guns, Mecha, non unique weapons) will have appropriate replacements provided by the book.

Additionally, Imps have high Stamina for both adventure and carnal activities and cannot become pregnant without outside aid. Imps still feel the desire and need to eat but cannot die from lack of food or water though they will be bitter and grumpy until fed. Clothes, equipment and items given to Imps will be resized to their own usage, though for clothes most imps prefer to go nude or close to it. Fun, Skimpy or Silly clothes are accepted though, but this is dependent on each Imp's tastes along with the Tome Mistress's.

Each Imp is clad in accessories denoting their status of being bound to the Mistress. This might be collars, shackles, bracelets, rings, stockings, or other pieces of jewelry. These help to identify which Imp is in control, and to further bind the imp to the Tome. These accessories can be shifted or changed into other shapes and forms but breaking them is extremely difficult, and doing so will weaken the bonded Imp.

Pocket Dimension

The Pocket Dimension inside each book is different, based on the Tome Mistress's tastes and desire. As such we can only give a general 'standard' for how it looks. These are usually akin to a mansion or manor, but some apartment or military complex like versions exist. The main focus is a large living/study room stocked with couches, lover chairs, large mattress and beanbag chairs(basically anything be fun to sit on or fit more than one person comfortably); and with other furniture dedicated to less carnal activities like bookcases, or an entertainment system also appearing. Doors and hallways branch off from this main location, leading to other chambers including bedrooms, kitchens, baths, and more. There is no 'outside' of this structure, ending in a black void or leading back to another room. Windows will still simulate day and night based on the tome's location.

This Dimension starts small and slowly grows almost organically as more Imps are added to the Tome. Stronger Tomes can simulate small areas outside of this 'building' to provide a semi realistic outdoor experience in a limited area. Food and water is provided at a steady rate, appearing in storage containers like cabinets or barrels, but said items tend to be rather tasteless and bland though extremely filling. Additional specialized rooms might be gained based on Feats or Converted Imps.

Imp Conversion

At the end of every day during which the summoner is accompanied by an imp, the tome's works it's magic on the owner, or those nearby not infected, prioritizing those with an already existing impish and mischievous nature. This effect is harder to resist the more imps are currently summoned. Should this curse/effect/feeling not be resisted, the target[Converted] gains a level in "Impish", which can be removed by a Remove Curse, Dispel, Advanced Medical Tech, or other such strong anti magic/change effects, or by prolong distance from the Tome and Imps. The Converted suffer the effects of the current level of Impish, as well as the effects of all lower levels. Those aware of this effect can instead embrace it resulting in a rapid transformation. Also, this effect is harder to resist the should intercourse occur between Imps and non Imps. Magical and or Mental Wards can help resist this effect.

There have been reports of people 'feeding' others to the book to stave off effects, or magically sending the energy towards someone else. Doing so is a fast and loose way to protect one's self from the effects but it still requires someone else to be the target.

Impish Levels:

Level 1: Ears become larger and more pointed. Eye Color may change at this point too.

Level 2: Hands, feet, and Nipples begin to turn the same color as the cover of the tome (usually dependent on Tome Mistress). Males begin to lose masculine features and gain feminine ones. Height Loss begins. Age up or De-aging also begins.

Level 3: Secondary changes based on Tome Mistress begin to occur such as larger breasts, thighs or butt. Horns start to grow as well if applicable

Level 4: The discoloration of hands and feet expands up arms and legs, color along the torso expands. More secondary Changes may occur as well such as tattoos. Personality begins to shift.

Level 5: Height Loss finishes resulting in Imp styled height(average about 3 to 3 ½ feet (91 – 106 cm). Tertiary changes(changes based on subconscious desires of the target) begin. Age changes finalize.

Level 6: The Converted is now entirely the color dictated by the Tome Mistress. Secondary and Tertiary Changes begin to finalize. Personality shift begins to finalize.

Level 7: The Converted become bound to the tome, and to all the rules governing its imps. New pages describing and depicting them appear in the tome, and an irremovable metal restraint such as a collar or set of shackles appears on their body as a sign of their bondage, usually dependent on the Tome Mistress. The curse can now only be lifted by a Remove Curse, Dispel, Advanced Medical Tech, or other such strong anti magic/change effect; although this task will be more difficult to do than mid Infection.

Rescued Imps - The process of becoming an Imp can be reversed with the proper magic or tech, though the lingering effects of the Curse may have their cause their own issues. At 'best' the subject is left a bit more upbeat, may enjoy a slight trick or prank, or enjoy more long nights with a lover. At worst, it's a longing hole that can't be filled, driving the subject in search of the Tome once more or a different copy, hoping to be converted again.

Tome Mistress and the Tome

Each Tome has a Mistress, the leader of the Imps inside the tome. Usually this is either the first Converted or even the maker of the Tome. Tomes without a Mistress will quickly elevate a residing Imp to Mistress Status or move through time and space to find a suitable target to convert. It is the Tome Mistress's mission to protect the tome and find new candidates to Convert for it, leading a life of fun and debauchery in the process. Curse Removal effects can be used on the Mistress but require even more power and effort than a standard Imp. Additionally, a Tome Mistress can be removed by or seduction by another Tome Mistress and thus joins with the conquering tome. A mistress can be 'voted out' as well by popular vote.

The Tome Mistress has the power to move the book distances by way of reality bending Warps, usually moving to new worlds for search of fun and pleasure. Such warps usually carry a large risk of going wrong which sends the tome either off target or towards a completely different world. Though a Tome will not mistakenly warp to a place of danger(Middle of a sun for example). This warp takes a lot of energy from the Mistress and Tome so it can't be used rapidly.

The Mistress's tastes and personality shape and warp the pocket dimension and imps that reside there, suiting both to the tastes of the Mistress. Converted Imps will still retain their personalities for the most part but may become more lewd or stacked due to the Mistress.

The Tome and Mistress are bound together, both growing in power as more and more Imps are added to the pages among other ways. Even 'freed' imps leave an imprint of their power. Please Note; Most Tomes start at Levels Emergency to Level 2

Level Emergency: No Tome Mistress, No Imps. Rapidly moves through realities to find replacements. This 'feral' state of the book might lead to a forceful conversion as the Tome cannot exist for long without an Imp of some kind.

Level 0: No Tome Mistress. Promotes a suitable Imp to the Position. If no suitable Imp is within the book, it enters a more 'dormant' state, preserving itself and the Imps till a suitable owner comes along for conversion. May Randomly Warp.

Level 1: Default. No extra benefits applied. May Warp on command every so often, high chance of missing target. Book can house 2d4 imps.

Level 2: Minor. The Tome Mistress may leave the radius of the book for a few hours(3-5), and the Radius increases to 100 feet. Each rank below this bonus increases. Mistress can make slight changes to the inside of the Pocket Dimension. Cool down Time for Warps decreases but still infrequent. Book can start attracting possible users. Book can house 2d6 imps(but not lower than the previous).

Level 3: Lesser. Tome Mistress may summon herself from the book at will. Impish powers increase to stronger magic, short range teleport and other effects. Some Imps may start manifesting Impish versions of their own powers. Tome Mistress gains limited telepathy with Imps and the Owner of the Tome. Illusion based powers are gained to both book and Mistress. Control over the Pocket Dimension grows. Cool-down on Warp Remains, Targeting improved. Book easily sensed as Magical and can attract more suitors. Book can house 2d8 Imps.

Level 4: Major. Non Mistress Imps see a power boost, allowing them to leave the radius of the book for a few hours and increasing the distance. This bonus expands with the further ranks. Mistress Telepathy increases, allowing at least 1 to 1 speaking to Imps and Owner. _Mistress _can dismiss Imps back to the book and even take on powers of Imps inside the book in limited amounts and time. The Pocket Dimension bends to the will of the Mistress fully shaped by her wishes. Non Mistress Imps can easily change their rooms. The book can start being moved about by the _Mistress _with Warps with a shorter, non dimensional distance(From one city to another or from one room to another). Slight movements use less power. Book can house 2d10 Imps.

Level 5: Legendary. Illusions gifted to Non Mistress Imps, existing ones improved. All Imps see a power boost to their existing skills. Warp cool down reduced and targeting improved(Mistress is getting accurate now). Book counts as a legendary magic item and is sensed/judged as such. Book can house 3d10 Imps.

Level 6: Unique. At this point the Tome Mistress can be considered a secondary Owner of the book. She can summon forth Imps and dismiss them, even hold the book for limited times. All powers and benefits increase, along with the Mistress being able to visit other Tomes. Slight ability to command fae/non book imps/fiends/demons/anything an "imp" might qualify as. Mistress counts as mid to high rank magical being. Book is extremely noticeable as a magic item but can suppress this, though high power scan spells/effects can still notice the book. Book can house 4d12 Imps.

Level 7: Soul Bonded. Where does the Tome Mistress end and the Tome begins? This is a rare level and is largely undocumented but it is believed that the Tome and Mistress essentially become one or so tightly linked they should be. It is unknown what abilities or powers will result when a tome reaches such a state.

Level )*<"$^#@$: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE....(COUGH) Yes no one is quite sure what happens AFTER Level 7. Imp God Hood? The return of the Creator? An entire world gets converted? What ever it is, should be fun.

The Tome and Mistress gain in power based on total number of converted and may gain extra effects based on certain unlisted “Feats” such as converting a number of pious people, focusing on beast/monsters, or collecting several mages.

The Tome is destroyed if there is no imp bonded to it for 24 hours. Powerful spells and effects could manage to break the curse of the Tome as any brute will be negated. A Destroyed Tome will release all Imps out and break the curse on them, returning them to their base form.


I do believe dear guest, that we have gone over most of the rules and guidelines. Mind you, these are just that and not hard rules. More a starting point and generalized info. I hope this will be of help to you.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)