More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by 11kestrels 11kestrels

What happens next for Ethimilee and Broden?

Rienlest plots

Prince Rienlest was not at all happy with the turn of events. He had sought to be the hero in Ethemilee's eyes, and now that was ruined by an upstart, green skinned devil of an Orc named Broden. He wanted to take advantage of the dire situation to her into marriage. He thought of the union not out of love, but out of something more ambitious. Being the youngest, he was third in line for his father's throne, and he was not about to wait behind anyone. Especially not his sister. He could see standing in line behind his older brother, but his sister? Sure she was a fierce beauty and a great warrior in her own right, but he had done more for his father's kingdom than she had, maybe even more than his older brother had.

Rienlest knew the easiest way for him to become a king was to marry a queen, and Ethemilee was his target. Once married, he was sure he could dominate and bend her to his will. After all, saving her kingdom would make him popular with her people. How could she disagree with anything he had in mind to do? But all those plans were dashed now. They were just sandcastles washed out to sea.

Still he wasn't quite ready to give up. There were other options he might be able to use. He thought about setting up Broden, but that would be a hard thing to do. Broden was proven, tried, and true, a very virtuous person for an Orc. He paced the floor, deep in thought for something, anything that might give him an advantage. Then it came to him. Perhaps the way to Ethemilee was not through military victory, but her daughters? He began to formulate an idea in his head. Perhaps if he went to the humans, and arranged for them to kidnap Ethemilee's daughters, he could look like a hero yet by also setting up their rescue. The humans wanted more land, and more power. Perhaps if they helped him pull off this deception, he could form an alliance with them and drive the Orcs out, giving their lands to the humans. It might just work.

He could just see the look of terror in the eyes of Lethila and Mitri as they were taken away by human slavers who would no doubt and them while they were being held. And of course, he would let them. It would be part of the bargain. After all, the true prize was Ethemilee and her throne. All he had to do now was figure out how to pull this off.

How does he pull it off?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)