More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Lustful obsession Lustful obsession

What do you do now?

Release the trapped person

You walk over to the trapped person, attempting to not trip over every object that lays in your path. Once you finally get the flask in your hands you find a hard time trying to get it open as it appears to be corked shut and secured with string and wax. With a few grunts of effort and a lot of pulling and tugging you manage to free the small person, who almost instantly flies out of the flask using their small insect like wings. The small figure quickly gestures for you to keep quiet and flies up to about where an ear would be on any normal human. The small person begins to whisper into the jelly like surface of your head. "Hey, Whoever you are. I'm a fairy and you'r in great danger! That THING over there? That's not any normal suit of armor. It's alive and its been watching you since you turned on the lights! I'm almost positive it's hostile but I don't think it knows that you know what it is yet. Try and keep cool and act casual, maybe we can surprise it with a sneak attack."

If you had any facial features you'r sure they'd be deeply set in disbelief. There's just no way a big hunk of metal could be alive. Your memories aren't THAT hazy. Even if you can't remember if fairies are real or not you'r still sure that non-living objects are just that, non-living. Rather than pay that warning any mind you make for the door and reach to open it. However just as you'r about to touch the handle a small throwing axe lands in the thin space between you and the knob. Beyond startled you pull away and turn around to see where it came from and see the suit of armor is no longer facing the way it was originally and had its arm extended as if it just threw something. The armor began to slowly and loudly step through the stacks of books and jars as it's metal joints creaked and scraped.

You panic and press yourself up against the door in a vague attempt to escape the moving suit. A sudden burst of green light shoots from your shoulder and strikes the armor in the chest. The armor suddenly stopped moving as if the air around it turned solid and froze it there. You turned you attention to the fairy on your shoulder who looked back and shouted at you. "What are you doing you moron! Hit it or something!" You turn to the throwing axe stuck in the door and pulled it free just as the suit of armor began its approach again. You swung at the armor just as it reached out to grab you and cut its arm in half. A black smoke poured from the new hole in the armor as it stumbled backwards from the sudden retaliation. You took the opportunity to swing the axe down on the armors helmet and split the aged metal in two causing more smoke to pour from its opening. Strangely enough the smoke didn't collect but rather evaporated at a certain point and once the smoke stopped flowing from the armor it collapsed into a heap of useless metal.

You'r still trying to process what the hell just happened when the fairy starts congratulating you on your work. "Nice swing there bud. Took you a second to listen to me but at least you managed to hit the thing once you realized I was right!'' You ask the fairy how you knew that the suit of armor was alive and they answers, "Well all fairies can tell where a magic based creature is looking based on the movements of it's magic energy. Honestly i'm surprised a poly morph doesn't know this." You ask them what the hell a poly morph is and they give you a look like they're about to ask you where you've been all this time. "Well a poly morph is basically just a shape shifter. Are you newly spawned or just stupid?" You explain your situation to the fairy and they nod in understanding. "So your from one of the upper levels. That makes a lot more sense." You ask them what they mean by "upper levels". They explain, "Well all of reality is based on a sort of dimensional level system. We're at the lowest level, the Low Realm, where simple creatures with crude social standards reside. The level above this one is the Middle Realm and that place holds creatures with a bit more of a developed society but it's still not perfect. The third level is the High Realm and that's one of the most civilized levels with a complex societal structure that rarely results in conflict. The final level is the Base Realm and its basically like paradise. Very few get to that level but those that do never come back from it, and the only proof of whats there are letters that are sent to their loved ones." You feel like your head is about to explode with all the information you've just been given. You might need a moment to process this.

How do you handle this new information?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)