More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by catfish27 catfish27

What do you decide

Reality, with More Possibilities

You assume this is some kind of low-rent BuzzFeed quiz at first. "Change anything you wish and create the rest"? Still, it might be good for a quick laugh.

You look over the three options, "Body," "Mind," and "Reality." Seems like changing reality is the most wide-open of those choices, right?

Clicking "Reality" causes a new page to load, with a text input box and a "Submit" button. Above the box is the instruction, "Type any number of reality alterations using plain English, then click Submit (no more than 3 alterations at a time suggested for beginning users)." Below the box is some smaller print:

Unless otherwise specified, the effects of reality alteration will be as minimal as possible. Unless otherwise specified, no individual reality alteration will prevent the user from making further alterations, although the MotherBoard site may appear in a different form (e.g., if electricity no longer exists, the MotherBoard may instead be a "magical" notebook in the immediate possession of the user).

"Ha, seems like they thought of everything," you mutter with a chuckle. This now seems less like some kind of clickbait quiz and more like someone's experiment to write an interactive fantasy/sci-fi story, or maybe an attempt at programming a natural-language parser.

It does get you thinking about what you'd do if you really could change reality. Two or three things that would improve your life, maybe the lives of your friends, maybe the lives of everyone on planet Earth.

Okay, if nothing else, whoever's reading the text box input might enjoy what you come up with. You type something into the box.

What do you type?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)