More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3

What do you do next?

Read Your Backstory (V:1.0)

After you create your troops the tutorial asks:

/===========================================================================================\
Read Preliminary Backstory? Yes! / NO!

(Warning: Backstory is likely to be changed by choices made during the tutorial...)

\===========================================================================================/

You decide: ~Eh, what the hell?~ and click ' Yes! ' at which point a new screen pops up.

/===========================================================================================\

Parentage:

Your mother and father were a pair of human Jedi apprentices on the fringes of the republic Named Hai-Phan and Jade, under Master Adarak: A Cykothlian, one of the very rare races of plant based sapient beings, looking kind of like 13' tall 4' across mobile mixtures of an Oak and a Venus Fly Trap.

They were both of an age and at 15 standard years or so started to have sexual relations with each other, from which your mother became pregnant with your oldest brother, Han. Master Adarak was incensed: Cykothlians only have one gender and are only fertile for about 50 standard days out of every one of their home world's years, which are slightly over 3 standard years long, (Their home world lies at the outer edge of the primary biosphere region of their star, an incredibly hot and bright class G.) and during this period they become almost totally sedentary and enter a state of consciousness similar to that experienced by humans having an erotic dream. By the time they 'wake' from this dream state which lasts about 5 standard months during their 'summer' their children are already grown from seeds into plants a foot high, and are able to move about on their own. Because of this Cykothlians find the process of human and most other sapient races having sex repulsive, and due to never entering the 'flower dream' outside their home-world unless it is artificially induced, which for their religion is blasphemy, they find the Jedi's prohibition against sex and related attachments very easy to adhere to, making them notably intolerant of it in their apprentices.

On Master Adarak's recommendation the two of them were striped of their light-sabers and drummed out of the Jedi order, but what the Jedi had not counted on was the pair's skill and talent at the arts and training of a Jedi Agent, and they evaded their monitors and vanished into the underworld of Tolidia, one of the many heavily urbanized worlds of the republic, which also houses an 'Education Center' for Jedi removed from the order, before Han was even born.

Conception and Birth:

You were born 5th of your parent's 6 children of which you are aware, as they again consummated their union in celebration of having secured a rent controlled family apartment on Coruscant itself. They should have known better than to come to the core of the republic considering they were on the run from it's very galactic peace keeping organization which had it's headquarters here, but seem to have believed that they could 'hide in plain sight' on the capitol world.

You were born 9 standard months later at home, your mother screaming in agony for four long hours, assisted by the tower midwife and a few of her closer friends as well as your father.

Childhood:

You remember little of your childhood with your parents, save that they trained you in the arts of the Jedi as best they understood them from the moment of your birth, as they did all your siblings, two brothers and two sisters Twins in the later case, until you were 4 when your younger sister was born. Unfortunately that was a year of disaster for your family: somehow, you don't know how it happened, your oldest brother Han got a hold of a light saber crystal, a red one, and built a REAL light saber out of it: which he ended up severing your left hand with. This and what follows is your earliest memory. Your mother waked in the door at that exact moment and using The simultaneously shut off the light-saber, yanked it out of Han's grasp, picked up your severed hand and tossed you and it onto the top of the bulk transit pad she was bringing the groceries home on and rushed you to a hospital while speaking in code to your father on a wrist com. She brought you to the ER where she left you in the care of a surgery team and slipped away: they managed to reattach your hand, though it didn't obey your commands properly for two years, but before you were out of recovery a group of Jedi, including master yoda appeared and started examining you. When they were done a Jedi guard was stationed at the door to your room and you were told your parents would not have to worry about the cost of your treatment, it was being taken care of by the order now, which pleased you.

When you were released from the recovery ward you expected to return home, but instead were taken to the temple, and placed in the care of one of the apprentice trainers. You asked about your parents but were told they had left a note agreeing that after this incident they realized that you and any future children they would have needed to be properly trained as Jedi, at which point you asked about your baby sister. Three days later your sister was brought to your cell in a basket and swaddled in her favorite blanket, and they asked you if this was her. You told them yes and they left the two of you to play for an hour before telling you to say goodbye. That was the last time you saw her for the next eleven years, at least while awake. The two of you stayed in contact through enhanced dreams off and on for most for your apprenticeships, but eventually Master Yoda came and told you it had to stop, that this attachment was compromising your training, and the two of you met in dreams one last time that night, with your teachers present as well, and bid a more permanent goodbye. After that night you saw her only five more times, once at your ascension from padiwan initiate to padiwan apprentice at fifteen: once 5 years later when she too made that step, once four years after that when she was accorded the rank of Jedi Night and then again that same year when you too were so promoted. That was the last time you saw her until a week ago, when you both, along with three other Jedi, were placed in command of an attack group bound for Dantooine...

Apprenticeship:

During your apprenticeship you studied under Kang Grile, a respected but not exceptional Jedi who though far more experienced and worldly wise than you never the less though experienced and trained barely matched your raw talent. Still you respected him, and learned much from his guidance, mostly about how to inspire and lead people and the fine and delicate art of police work. However the later half of your apprenticeship occurred amidst the chaos of the Clone Wars, and you were only promoted to Jedi Knight after undertaking the trials upon on Kang's , the order for new Jedi who could lead the Clone Army in battle, and rushing a bit even though you doubt your own readiness.

Knighthood:

The entirety of your tenure as a Jedi Knight, all two years of it, has been during the greatest period of chaos and upheaval that the republic has faced since the last great war with the Sith Empire. You never yet have taken a Padiwan of your own, you do not feel yourself fully ready for the challenge, and would not do the order or your would be apprentice the disservice of doing it badly. You have fought, and you have killed, and you have led squadrons of Clone Pilots against the droid armies of the separatists, but you have done little of what you feel is a Jedi's true work, keeping the PEACE, not fighting a WAR.

Most Recently you have been sent as one of the commanders of an attack group on it's way to fight a separatist incursion against the longstanding agricultural center of Dantooine, wherein you finally met your sister again, Little Kalie, all grown up and with a scar from a blaster graze running the length of her right arm and other from a buzz-droid's saw across the left side of her face: her only too recently luxuriant orange hair now worn in a buzz cut so it could not be grabbed in a fight, while yours remains long in the traditional Jedi style. She had taken a padiwan, where you have not, a young human girl of scarce 15 years, named Leia Regina Valtain, who looked at you with an emotion it took you a minute to place... ~That girl is attracted to me!~ You remember thinking, and resolving to speak to your sister privately about keeping her apprentice from going the way of your' mother and father, but never getting a chance to during the three day trip to Dantooine. With you also were Master Karak Dayal, a twilek, and his apprentice Rrrrkkiiia, a wookie, who you came to respect greatly even over even so short an association.

Betrayal:

After arrival in the Dantooine system you closed with the separatist ships on thrusters only for a day and a half, the enemy arangeing to meet you well above the system plane, then both launched your fighter wings to do battle before coming in range of the main guns. The fighting was going well when suddenly you saw the clone pilots flying with Master Karak open fire on his ship and kill him! You and your sister were playing wingmen to her apprentice and had gotten rather separated from the rest of the attack group, so were for the moment spared, and realizing that something was profoundly wrong the three of you broke for the fringes of the system, where a small stellar nursery would provide you refuge from the traitors. It was not long before your allies-turned-enemies were in hot pursuit, but your Superior Jedi fighters outpaced them to the fringes of the nursery... until a fresh wing launched right behind you from one of the capitol ships...

Vanishing:

As the traitor Clone Army fighters pursued the three of you into the stellar nursery your sensors picked up a hyperspace rift, dead ahead, and you made for it, figuring that it would either allow your escape or allow you to die on your own terms, rather than be blown apart by the traitors, your options now the certainty of or a SLIM chance at life! You dodged wide around a flying red hot chunk of proto-moon and evaded a plasma streamer which both took out one of your group's pursuers but the rest were still coming as you all dove into the rapidly shrinking rift, and by the time they caught up the rift was gone and you with it.

Your entrance into hyperspace was unlike any other of your experience, instead of the usual flash of stars and blur of motion there was a sea of color, some of which you had never seen before and you blacked out from the sensory input your brains weren't set up to handle.

Crash:

You awoke as you emerged from hyperspace into the skies of a class M planet, each on a different trajectory towards the surface, and with all of your ship's systems dead! You shortly lost sight of your sister and her apprentice's fighters as you tried everything your could think of to bring the controls back on line, and started re-entry rather more like a meteor than you would have preferred, but managed to get the manual overrides working enough to turn the plummet into a controlled glide and after emerging from the cloud deck aim for a large long mountain lake where you skipped the ship like a stone to slow your speed, ejecting the engines in case they detonated which they did only seconds later. However about halfway across the lake you skipped wrong and the fighter started to flip and tumble as it skipped, tossing you around like a pinball: though you were fortunately strapped in. However just before you hit the shore your light-saber snapped off it's tether and started bouncing around the cockpit, smashing to pieces.

Then you did hit the shore and skid off a an angled boulder and the fighter went flying through the air for the final time, 200 feet or so where it slammed into a stand of tall pine trees and tore the tops of a few of them as well as the cockpit cover off the fighter, and finally came skidding to a halt along an alpine meadow top up before it's back end slammed into a boulder and it ALMOST flipped a final time which would have killed you, but instead flopped back down a broken and twisted lump of metal. Your astromech droid was a ruin, and most of it missing, the fighter's body torn to shreds, only the ultra hardened cockpit intact at all, and even it missing it's canopy, but you were alive, and that was something, so, bloodied and bruised, nose broken by your bouncing light-saber, (Now missing.) and a couple of ribs cracked, after 20 or 30 minutes waiting for your head to stop spinning you climbed free of the wreck, extracted a few ration packs from the ruins of the storage area behind the cockpit and went stumbling down the slope following your senses to find what was left of your light-saber.

Journey to the Meadow:

After scrambling down a fairly steep scree slope you found the shards of your sacred weapon lying amidst the tangled wreckage of the tops of several pine trees and what was left of your cockpit cover, none of it was salvageable except the crystal itself, your blade having been built with an armored crystal chamber since it was made with one of the rare yellow crystals that have been passed down for generations in the order, once common enough that an entire class of Jedi used them as their signature color but having grown increasingly abnormal and precious as natural crystals became unusual enough that it was a special honor for members of the 'Agent' branch of the order to be able to wield their 'traditional' yellow blades. You inherited your crystal from your master Kang Grile upon his , and were very glad to see it was not shattered, though the chamber had been punctured at the last by a shard of the cockpit's artificial diamond windows, you extracted it form it's housing and pocketed it in your robes, then set off towards a pass you saw in the mountains as you were coming down which led to a large area of green woods that you hoped would have edible food.

Your trip through the pass reduced your store of ration packs from five to three, and then when you found no edible food in the pine barrens there from 3 to 1 as you slowly made your way down slope towards a meadow you had spotted from the top of the pass with some kind of rectangular structure in it, the first sign you had seen of civilization since arriving on this world. not even sure if you were going the right way you stumbled on, your injuries healing strangely quickly until on the fourth morning since the crash you came upon a strange sight. There was a human woman's corpse, dressed in rags and partially rotted, pined to a tree with a primitive sword plunged through her heart. It was no light-saber but the blade looked sturdy and un-rusted so you pulled it forth: at which point you received the shock of your life! The palatially rotted corpse returned to a mockery of LIFE and attempted to attack you! Only a swing which bisected the head with the edge of the blade saved you from being eaten, and you sat there shaking and twitching for an hour. You then found a small area with no trees overhead and built a bonfire to cleanse the corpse of whatever malefic taint caused it to animate in the Jedi way, and kept the sword in case there are more of those, THINGS.

It was that evening when you reached the meadow and found the building you spotted is an aged and weather beaten barn, but it is what you found inside it that changed your life forever.

Taking Command:

As you approached the barn a voice called out to you in a language you did not recognize and you approached saying 'hello' in all 15 of the common galactic dialects in which you know that word. You finally got a response when you tried the obscure human language of the Tarkaran Clans and a group of 10 people came out of the barn, five members of two races, all of them armed, some with steel pick axes and others with bows knocked with stone tipped arrows: and they asked you if you were friend or foe. You explained you are a knight and peace keeper and they instantly tensed, ready to attack you but you put their minds at ease with a touch of the and asked them to explain why such a term would make them ready to fight.

They did explain, at length, how they have been held as effective slaves by the nobility and for the 12 years since the gods sung the world into being, and escaped into the wilderness to foment a rebellion against the cruel aristocrats. This incensed you for you are a child and guardian of a representative democracy, which outlawed slavery thousands of years ago, and had hoped to work hunting traders and 'sapient traffickers' when the war was done. You have no idea what planet you are on, or why they would think it came to exist so recently, but you resolved to do what lost Jedi have done when crashed on such worlds since the Republic came to be, Renew, Rebuild, train those with sensitivity to become new Jedi, and spread the ideals of democracy and freedom to the benighted corners of the Galaxy, then, eventually, some times generations later, bring the world peaceably into the Republic.

After a few minutes of oratory on the virtues of the republic and the right of sapient beings to be free from tyranny later you have convinced the rebels to accept your leadership, and become the titular head of this outpost of the rebellion, for it seems there have been other groups of slaves who escaped, and though they do not know if any one of the others have been able to find buildings left behind from the 'singing' and found outposts they have faith that some have and one day all the rebel groups will organize and drag down the nobility and the dark Mage Lords who support and to an extent control them.

The ten women then acclaim you their Barron, for aristocracy is the only type of governance they truly understand, though this 'democracy' idea enthuses them, and you have made the mistake of mentioning that even in the republic there are some hereditary nobles left, as well as that your mother was the child of one such ere she was swept up into the Jedi order.

That brings us to the present moment, as the ten women, the beginnings of the rebellion, await your orders.

(END BACKSTORY)

\===========================================================================================/

As you have been reading a new set of memories has interpolated into your mind, another lifetime full of joy and sorrow as a Jedi Knight in training, and fighting in the Clone Wars. At first it is confusing remembering two lives but they soon sort themselves out in your head, and you find yourself knowing things you didn't a minute ago, and wondering how this will interact with the background changing as the tutorial goes on... Your original memories and personality are dominant, but you also wonder if after the tutorial is over they will fade and you will become this character fully...

What do you do now?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)