More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by hewhoismany hewhoismany

Who is the protagonist(s)?

Ranma Saotome

(Originally written by Guyman at Writing.com)

"I'm sorry sir, we sold that to a customer today."

Ranma hung his head in dejection. "My old man's gonna be pissed." He had come to this pawn store for the MacJuffin scroll, detailing techniques that his father had insisted that he buy today. This'd probably mean four more hours of training, or maybe no food until he completed his later set, or...

He was suddenly interrupted by the clerk interjection. "I'm not supposed to disclose information about our clients, but..." She looked askance both ways, before leaning in conspiratorially. "It was purchased by an old man who practically bounced out the door, hooting about how he was 'Gon' use this to get a nice little puff-puff outta Pigtail-chan!'".

Ranma let out a deep sigh and hung his head even lower, if that was even possible, all the while the clerk tried to peddle him various objects. She showed off various taxadermized animals, a dog-eared book of recipes, two strangely enthralling coins, an already-filled daruma, and โ€”

"Wait a sec, lady. How much are those coins?" Something about them just drew Ranma to them. He wasn't exactly the coin collecting type, but it felt like carrying those around would bring some sort of luck.

The clerk perked up a bit, and responded with a cheery, "300 yen apiece sir. But I must tell you that they're not real gold and silver, it's only a millimeter thick plating on their surfaces. They're actually an alloy ofโ€”"

"Yeah, they're great, I get it, thanks," Ranma cut in, not wanting to get caught in another spiel of its values. He rummaged in his pockets to find some of the money that Nabiki hadn't managed to collect for his 'debts.' Finally, he placed on the table....

How much money does he put down?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)