More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by talesofswamppoint talesofswamppoint

Who's coming investigate the house?

Rachel, a real-estate officer

Before she turned on the dark alley connecting to the mansion, Rachel double-check her GPS. She could hardly believe that her boss wanted her to check this house in the middle of nowhere and in the middle of the night too. Her boss was adamant she had to go there as soon as possible even during the night. There was good business to do with the mansion. Supposedly, the firm she was working for had received an anonymous tip that a wealthy man was looking for an old mansion pre-civil war to restore and that one was actually part of a city wealth fare, probably real cheap, and the house was rotting away because the city wanted nothing to do with the house. Rachel had made a quick inquiry in the city archives over the web to discover that a few people were declared missing throughout the years and the mansion was mentioned a lot of time paired with the disappearance. The mansion was part of many urban legends in the town of Swamp-Point. Some were really horrific straight out of a Stephen King novels others were ludicrous bordering on the pornographic. This was all load of bullshit. It wasn't the first time Rachel had to sell a supposedly haunted house. With a large commission at the end of this assignment, Rachel took it without so much a question to her boss. She would have preferably gone there during daylight, but time was of the essence on this one. Her boss had told her that competitors were sending teams too to investigate the mansion and make an offer to the city.

Rachel parked her car near the entrance porch of the house. She swore under her breath, two other cars were parked in front meaning she wasn't the first to arrive at the mansion. She should have taken less time making inquiries about the mansion and moved there right away. As she disembarked her expansive car, she began investigating the front of the mansion. It was old alright and needed repairs, but everything seems strong and in a good shape. She could see lights coming from inside the house. Rachel assumed it was the others that arrived before. She wondered if she should go inside right away or should she looked the exterior first. At first glance, she spotted two other buildings in the domain. It was dark and she couldn't see very well, but the annexes seems to be a tool shed and vivarium, she could smell the flowers. She didn't recognize the scent, but these flowers were intoxicating. She had to make a decision should she start with the inside and probably had to deal with the competitors or should she start outside and where.

Where Rachel start her investigation?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)