More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by hammerhead1004 hammerhead1004

Now, who will receive the app?

Quinn, The Summer Intern

With a ding, the coffee machine let Quinn know it had finished. Grabbing the steaming mug, he headed back towards the cubicles.

Sure, getting coffee was pretty degrading. Quinn may be a summer intern, but he was more than qualified. Freshly graduated with a bachelor's in computer science and a minor in psychology. Plenty of research experience as well as enough projects to show his aptitude. Getting coffee was way below his paygrade!

So, why was he currently carrying a cup of joe to his boss? Well, because he really wanted (and frankly needed) this job! It was absolutely perfect for him! A startup in artificial intelligence, it was like a dream come true! If he played his cards right this summer, he could have a developer position by this fall!

Rounding a corner, he was reminded of the second reason he did not really mind fetching coffee. Prisha, his sweet, pretty manager. She was the definition of cute. She was tiny at 5'1", a stark contrast to Quinn's 6'1". She had dark, beautiful eyes only slightly hidden by a pair of fashionable glasses. She dressed fairly conservatively, but what little of her smooth brown skin she did show was enough to get Quinn going.

"Oh, thank you!" Prisha chirped as he handed her the drink. Taking a sip, she grinned. "Perfect as always!" For some reason, compliments just sounded better in her pretty Indian accent. Smiling in response, he went to his desk (only separated from hers by a thin barrier) and got to work.

It was after about an hour of work that Quinn got an unexpected email, and a big one at that! It was from Susan Foster, the founder and CEO of the entire company! It was short and sweet, calling him into his office for a performance review.

At first, Quinn was a bit panicked, as anyone would be after receiving such an email. However, he quickly calmed himself down. He had been nothing short of exemplary in the month he had worked here. This was almost certainly going to be a positive experience. Perhaps he could even slip in a word about future employment...

Thus, he stood up and straightened his shirt with confidence. After quickly letting Prisha know where he was going, he headed over to Susan's office.

How does the meeting go?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)