More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by GenericEditor168 GenericEditor168

Creation of Avatar (name, occupation, race); Army (race, faction); World of Choosing?

Qixua, Lizardfolk Commander of the F.N.S Kervesh; A generic WW2-era navy populated by fantasy races; A seemingly endless expanse of islands

You were... let's go with generic. You went to high school, came out, got a job in data entry, and then sat around doing that for twenty years before suddenly dying in your sleep of a heart attack. You left behind no spouse and no children. The people who were most upset at your were probably your D&D group and your wargaming friends... but they could probably get over losing their lizardfolk fighter or one of their American naval commanders pretty quickly.

You awaken, not in the single bedroom of your apartment, but in an endless light-grey void. A computer panel sits in front of you, displaying one word - "Approach".

You do so, and as you come closer, it changes. A blank, mannequin-like figure appears on the screen, which prompts you to "Select Gender of New Body". Buttons appear down one side - Male, Female, Hermaphrodite, D-Girl, C-Boy.

Sticking with what you know, you choose Male. The screen blinks, and returns changed. The mannequin looks much the same, but the words are now "Select Race of New Body", and the buttons are a seemingly infinite array of choices.

Scrolling through, you briefly think about making "yourself" (are you remaking yourself? Have you died or something?) a human again, before deciding to go with something different, but already known. You pick the same race as you did for your fighter, Qixua - a Lizardfolk.

Continuing on with that theme, you name your new body "Qixua" when that comes up, and are then faced with a choice even more complex then races - "Select Perks for New Body".

It looks like the worst example of over-specific game design in creation. There's a perk to make you a better cook, for example. Fair enough, but then you can narrow it down, and down, and down... you can spend your (seemingly large) reserve of Creation Points to make yourself better at cooking hot dogs, and only hot dogs.

Luckily, it seems someone added some lists to narrow things down for those feeling overwhelmed, and you're soon browsing through the Fighter, Strategist, and Commander lists. There's a lot of fighting-type perks, so you're expecting the new world to be pretty violent - best be prepared.

You start taking such perks as Fit, Weapon Proficiency (Pistols), Weapon Proficiency (Knives), Strategy (Naval), Additional Assets, Commander (Naval), Inspiring Leader, Charismatic, and... Sex Skill - Stud, because why not?

All of these are pretty wide-ranging options, and so you soon find your Creation Points balance looking pretty small. Checking your purchased perks to see what you can fill in, you see Lizardfolk also gives you Enhanced Lung Capacity, Tracker, Nature Lore, Ambush Predator, Natural Weapons, Natural Armour, and... Enlarged Penis and Protected Penis?

Still, with those in mind, you go back out and buy some more things up. Reasoning that it's the most likely ship for you to be on, you take Tactics (Destroyer) and Commander (Destroyer). You buy the Accurate (Pistols) perk, the Hard to Kill perk, the Commanding Presence perk... and then, because you want people to really like you, the Oral Sex Skill perk.

That takes you down to almost exactly zero points, so you grab Swimming and move on to the next section, which turns out to be "Select Equipment for New Body".

Let's see... a few uniforms, a revolver... there's a "Ships" section? Oh look, a Fletcher-class destroyer! And it's within your budget, at only 36 500 points!

Mind you, that leaves you with only a few hundred points left, so you spend that on gold bullion and move on to the next section: "Select for New Body".

For a moment, you're expecting to be picking Jedi powers, but then you see your options - the computer is asking you to select your military forces for this new world. You've already got a destroyer, so you decide to pick a crew for it.

You've got enough points to fill your ship with generic crew from a random assortment of fantasy races, reasonably competent at their jobs but not veterans, and then pick out a few minor supporting heroes and heroines to fill roles like your lieutenants, your quartermaster, and your gunnery officers. In order to save a few points with which to make them a bit more competent, you set them to have random races and genders.

You then continue on to the next part of the process: "Create World for New Body". This part, at least, is simple. While there's a lot of stuff you could fiddle around with, you just choose an Endless world, with Archipelago terrain generation. You give a moment's thought to the world's Sexual Content, before deciding "fuck it" - you died a virgin last time, and you don't intend to this time. You set it all the way up to "Porn with Plot".

With that done, you click next... and black out.

Where do you wake up?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)