More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by DT-1010 DT-1010

Quirk (Route/Fetish Choice)

Puppet Technique [mind control]

Your quirk is called "Puppet Technique", an emitter-class quirk which allows you to take control of an object or person. By expelling energy through your fingertips, which takes the form of blue threads, you are able to turn a target into your personal puppet.

-

These threads are more versatile than simple strings. First of all, they can manipulate the target in a certain way. For example, like pulling the trigger of a gun with the simple flick of a finger if one of the strings is connected to the trigger, or pressing a button on a remote.

When these threads are attached to an object, you can use it depending on its purpose, weight and size. Acting similar to a rope, you could throw a rock around like a yo-yo. However, this would not work on a massive boulder. This makes your quirk useful in day-to-day activities, even if your quirk has weaknesses.

The most useful ability of all, however, is turning a person into a puppet. If your energy threads are connected to a person's body, you can choose to subdue their consciousness. Once this is done, the person will become both emotionless and docile; much like an actual puppet. The strings also act as a bridge between your mind and the target's. Controlling the puppet is relatively easy; by moving your fingers and giving the person mental commands, due to the threads' ability. This gives you full control over the puppet's movements and quirk. The maximum amount of puppets you can have at one time is ten; one for each finger.

There is a distinct possibility of controlling a person's mind through the threads, but this is an advanced ability that requires much effort. It's called the Permanent Puppet technique; by forcing your will onto a person, you'd be able to imprint rules and commands that would remain even when the strings are severed. These are permanent puppets, as opposed to regular temporary puppets that require active energy threads. Similar to the standard technique, you have a maximum limit of ten permanent puppets. If you want to add a new puppet, you'd need to release one puppet you already permanently control. Again, this is an advanced technique, requiring much experience. People with mental-based quirks could potentially resist this ability.

When controlling puppets, you are able to see and hear through their senses as long as the threads are connected. This means that you cannot do the same with permanent puppets, who do not require strings.

-

As powerful as your quirk might seem, there are a few limitations.

Firstly, the energy threads cannot be attached to something unless you first make physical contact with it. Hence why you'd need to touch a person before you're able to control them. Luckily this is only required once, seeing as you're able to attach the strings to your target from a distance, if you've already formed them before. For example, if you released a person from your control, you are able to remake the threads and regain control from afar.

When using your quirk, the threads sap your stamina at a certain pace, partially influenced by how much mental fatigue you're to endure. Which means you might get exhausted after a while. In order to overcome this limitation, you'd need to train your quirk.

There is a limit to how many puppets you can control. If this limit is breached, it would induce an agonizing migraine, severing all strings and releasing your puppets. Only by training your quirk can you increase the limit. That, or something that increases your mental capacity/fortitude.

-

As stated before, this quirk requires training and experience if you want to unleash its true potential. Just like any other quirk. By practicing with your energy threads on objects you can increase the strength and skill of the strings. When used on people, you can train the mental prowess of your quirk.

Proposed evolution (these are not rules you have to follow if you don't want to, rather it's a sort of guideline that can give you an idea about how your quirk could evolve):

Stage 1: You are unable to use the advanced Permanent Puppet technique, but are able to turn people into emotionless puppets by suppressing their consciousness. You are limited to one regular temporary puppet, and require both of your hands to properly control them. The time limit of your ability is one hour. You need to be in relatively close proximity of your puppet.

Stage 2: You are unable to use the advanced Permanent Puppet technique, but are able to turn people into emotionless puppets by suppressing their consciousness. You are limited to four regular temporary puppets, and need at least two fingers for each puppet. However, this might decrease the amount of control you have over them. If you only use two puppets, you are able to perfectly control them with one hand for each puppet. The time limit of your ability is three hours depending on how much mental fatigue you take. You can now control puppets from a longer distance, like from the top of a three story building.

Stage 3: You are able to use the advanced Permanent Puppet technique, but are limited to two permanent puppets, in addition to seven regular temporary puppets. You can now control a regular puppet with only a single finger, although using more still increases your proficiency and lessens the mental fatigue. The time limit of your ability is six hours depending on how much mental fatigue you take. Controlling puppets can be accomplished from an even longer distance, like the top of an office building.

Stage 4: You are able to use the advanced Permanent Puppet technique, but are limited to five permanent puppets, in addition to ten regular temporary puppets. Your mental fortitude has been strengthened. The time limit of your ability is six hours depending on how much mental fatigue you take, but suffer less fatigue due your strengthened mind.

Stage 5: You are able to use the advanced Permanent Puppet technique to its fullest capacity; ten permanent puppets. Your mind is strong enough to overpower anyone, including those with natural mental protection, and you can resist the effects of someone else's mind control.

-

[This quirk is based on the Puppet Technique from Naruto, used by several notable characters such as Sasori.]

What's next?

  • No further chapters
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)