More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Suvinceus Suvinceus

The prologue continues...

Prologue Part 2

March 10, 1998.

Hannah had finished making some green tea in the kitchen, before putting it into a canister. As much as she wanted to drink it, she couldn't.

Her day of college had come and went, and she was more than happy to relax as she turned on the television. On the screen, was a newscaster who had just finished up a report, and moving on to the next.

"In other news, the St. Valentine Asylum in Belfast, Maine has now been involved in a bizarre homicide involving one of its patients. Police say that a former friend of the patient in question claimed to have killed him out of self-defense. At the same time, the patient was also scheduled to appear at the trial, as he claims that he 'wants to set the record straight'."

Hannah raised an eyebrow by this, upon noticing a man in a black suit outside the asylum being questioned before being put into custody. She scratched her head, before following up with a shrug and a sigh.

Turning off the television, she went upstairs to her bedroom. Wanting to check her drawers out of curiosity, she ended up finding a triangle-shaped necklace...or amulet...of sorts that had a faint green glow.

Putting the amulet around her neck, Hannah was confident that what she now had on would turn heads back at UCLA. Before long, though, she heard a rather faint sound, and chose to look around.

The sound in question eventually led to the mirror in her room glowing yellow, which prompted her to walk towards it. "What on earth...?" she asked herself.

Suddenly, she heard the sound of a seductive laugh, prompting her to almost flinch in horror. She took a deep breath in order to keep her cool, and perhaps take some of her favorite green tea.

Then, a feminine arm emerged from the mirror, which was followed by the upper area of a very gorgeous woman in a black maid outfit. Her hair was bobbed and brown, and her eyes were a shade of pale green.

"Hello there, sweetheart." she said in her usual sultry voice.

Hannah gasped as she felt the urge to leave the bedroom and call up the cops. Or perhaps a shrink, or a paranormal investigator.

"Congratulations on getting your hands on such a valuable mirror. I heard many people sold this quite early on; guess they were so scared out of their minds." she added.

"Who are you??" Hannah asked.

"My name is Belladonna...and you are?" she replied.

"Uh...Hannah...Hannah Winfield." Hannah said.

"Sounds like a gorgeous name for such a cute girl like yourself." Belladonna responded with a grin, before she added, "I bet you'd be a lot braver than those former owners and see a whole new world for yourself. What do you think?"

"Are...Are you crazy?! I really can't---" Hannah stammered before being cut off.

"It's okay, no one will hurt you. I promise." she told her.

Hannah swallowed, before nodding in agreement. "Okay," she managed to say, "I'll do it."

"That's a good girl." Belladonna said, before taking Hannah's hand and eventually bringing her into the mirror, a small scream from the college girl once inside.

'A whole new world' indeed.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)