More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Ragnockae136 Ragnockae136

Who would you like to play as? An established character, or someone new?

Prince Ansdyre Thyssen Of Kovir

(Royal Palace, Pont Vanis, Kovir)

The City was in Mourning, The Great and Beloved King Tankred Thyssen had been Assassinated, None Knew by Whose Hand, so Ansdyre had the Entire Ruling Council Beheaded. The Only Person spared from it was The Court Sorceress, Triss Merigold. Ansdyre was Paying His Respects to His Father, When Emhyr Var Emreis approached Him. ''Your Father Was A Great Man Your Majesty, Unlike Most of His Fellows. But What Did You Wish To See Me About?'' Asks The Emperor of Nilfgaard. ''Walk With Me Your Imperial Excellence.'' Says Ansdyre as he Gestures For Var Emreis to do So. ''War Has Consumed The World and Radovid has Become Extremely Power Hungry. But What Of The Common People, The Folk Who are unfortunate Victims of opportunity? Kovir Has Immense Coin, But No Standing Army. Radovid Commands Three Nations, Temeria and Kaedwen. But Aedirn, Lyria, and Rovia Remain Untouched.'' Says Ansdyre as He Comes to a Stop.

''Indeed, But Your Point?!'' Says The Emperor. ''Kovir Has Generally stayed neutral in Times Like This But We Both Know That Your People Will Always Want a Firm Grip on the Northern Realms. If I Agree to Fund Your Campaign, You Must Allow Me to Expand My Domain Into Lyria, Rivia, Aedirn and Kaedwen. When Radovid Has died, I Will Join My Realm to yours, But only if We Are Granted full Autonomy, and Freedom to Live as We Have in the Past. Without Interference, and Nilfgaardian Guards Beyond Military Matters. In This Way You Have A United and Stable North, But One That Remains Free of Wills, Both Sides Get what They Want without much Difficulty. Think On It Your Majesty.'' Says Ansdyre as He Leaves Emhyr to Meet with His Advisors.

Ansdyre was Walking Through The Halls when His Diplomatic Advisor Reached Him. ''Your Majesty, King Radovid The Stern has Agreed To Wed Princess Anais to yourself, but Only if You Fund his Campaign against Nilfgaard.'' Says The Diplomat. ''Hmm, Tell Him that I Accept, but Only if He agrees to Send The Princess to Pont Vanis Immediately, A Group of Royal Guards will Meet The Princess Halfway through their journey, A Swap will be Made and the Princess will Be Exchanged For A Letter Bearing My Royal Seal, Which Decree's That Any Banks Or Wealthy Koviri Must Assist The Redanian War Effort So Long As Kovir and Redania Are Allies." Says Ansdyre, and The Advisor Nods, Before Departing. Ansdyre Had Little Intention Of Maintaining His Alleged Alliance With Radovid. The Man Was Childish Monster Who Had Anything Remotely Related To Magic Tortured, Executed, Or Both. Only Witcher's Were Spared, and That Wouldn't Last Long.

Ansdyre, Would Also Need To Rally Influential Temerians To His Banner, It Wasn't Enough To Marry A Princess, An Aspiring Ruler Needed Support From At Least One Major Noble Family and A Few Reputed and Renowned Military Leaders. Three Came To Mind, John Natalis, Low-Born But A Well-Known Ally of Princess Anais Father, The Late King Foltest, and Vernon Roche, Last Remaining Temerian Loyalist, and Leader of The Blue Stripes Partisans, Temerian Renegades Who Fought A Guerilla War Against Nilfgaard and Redanian Aggression. However Another Came Into Mind, Iorveth, Elven Rogue and Rebel, Notorious Enemy Of Roche, But Influential For Gaining The Elven Squirrels For Saskia. Saskia Herself Was In Hiding, but Could Prove An Ally As Well. Ansdyre Could Easily Take Her As A Concubine, Install Her As Kaedwen and Aedirn's Monarch, and Maintain His Marriage To Anais. But Why Stop There? Skellige's Navy When United Under A Strong But Wise Ruler, Was Indomitable At Sea. Naturally Ansdyre Would Need To Look Into Prospective Maidens In Skellige For A Concubine.

His Imperial Stuffiness Reply Is???????????

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)