More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 22 by TheFallacyGuy TheFallacyGuy

<DOCTYPE! html><head>

<title>A Nervous Breakdown</title></head>

<body.>
<p class="vee">What happened, Ollie?</p>
<p class="ollie">I don't know. I asked her the question, and she told me that she was fucked up a bunch of times, and then she passed out.</p>
<p class="vee">She must have hyperventilated. Her breathing seems stable.</p>
<p class="ollie">Well, we can't just let her lie on the floor.</p>
<p class="vee">You're right, help me carry her onto the couch. After that we'll call 911.</p>
<p class="ollie">Okay.</p>
</body.>
</HTML>

As the HTML code in your mind starts to form and regain some clarity of your surrounding existence, you find yourself drifting in the empty void of your mental home.
At that point you realize why you passed out to begin with.
You can tell instantly.

You can hear your own pulse ticking on the wall inside your body. You look at it. You feel it. And for a moment you can feel every atom in your body melt. That's when you realize the truth. You think about them all the time. Every cell in your mind seems to melt and vibrate because of them. Everything seems so naturally beautiful and beautifully natural. Everything looks like artistic biology to you. You know it can only be because of them.

Because of the two girls you love. Because of Vanessa and Olivia.

But you can't tell them that. You cannot tell them that you are in love with both of them. You cannot tell them that you want them both. Face it, you're fucked up. That's the realization that got you here in this situation to begin with.
Who the fuck rescues two homeless girls and then have them move in? Who does that? What sort of egotistical megalomaniac eejit would prey on two girls like that? What narcissistic self-righteous asshole emotionally manipulates two women into having feelings for them? What sort of coward would rather have an emotional breakdown than to face their fears of just telling them how they feel? What kind of a person can let themselves become such a-

As your body hits the couch, you are jolted awake.
Staring into your face are the worried expressions of Vanessa and Olivia.
"Asta!" Vee exclaims: "Are you awake? Are you alright?"
"Yeah..." you say out of breath: "I'm fine, thank you."
"Should we call the hospital, Vee?" Ollie asks. Her voice is filled with concern. You don't feel like you deserve it.
"No, it's fine." you answer: "I'm fine, I'm fine. I just need a moment."
"I-I'm sorry." Vanessa stutters: "We shouldn't have given you an ultimatum like this."
"There is nothing to be sorry about." you say while a splitting headache gashes your skull and punctures your brain.
"No, I need to say sorry fo-" Vee starts again, but you cut her off.
"Listen, Vee, can we try to out-humble each other a little later? I have a serious headache." you say pained.
"Y-yes. Of course. Sorry. Do you need some water, Astrid?" she asks concerned. You don't feel like you deserve this either.
"No, it's fine Vanessa. I just need to rest a bit." you say.
Ollie just stands in shock, while Vanessa takes the role of the responsible sister. You had kinda hoped that was a role you could have helped her lose, but right now you're just making everything worse.
You drift off to sleep.

You wake up again a bit later. Looking at the clock on the wall you can tell that you have been out for about an hour.
You can hear soft crying from the bedroom. It sounds like Ollie. The sight of you breaking down must have had quite the effect on her.
You stare at the bedroom door.
This is it.
Beyond this door is what you love the most.
Beyond this door is also what you fear the most.
Love and fear seems so similar sometimes.
You don't need to open the door.
But you want to.
You don't want to open the door.
But you need to.
Everything depends on this.
Love and fear.

Do you open the door?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)