More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 17 by FredWeasleyLives1 FredWeasleyLives1

What's next?

Back to work

I walk out of The Tunnel Of Love holding hands with my best girl Pam Isley who is wearing a yellow shirt and a mid-length red skirt. We are both grinning from ear to ear as we walk towards the amusement park's exit because I got down on one knee and proposed to my special girl. I actually did it! I am engaged to be married to the most beautiful woman on the planet. The glittery silver ring that my mentor paid half for as a wedding present looks like it belongs on my girl's finger.

"You know what, Red?" I ask with love struck eyes.

"What?" Red wants to know.

"That ring looks great on you!" I state emphatically. "Then again everything does."

At first Pam stopped and looked like a statue for a couple of seconds because she was trying to think of the proper thing to say. She elected to say nothing. She just reached over and wrapped me in a warm hug. Then, she tilted her head down slightly and kiss me which made me sigh contently. The kiss that seemed to last forever only lasted for a few seconds because someone I know decided to be an idiot.

"Hey, get a room you two!" the familiar gentleman spoke jovially.

We jumped back. Red did not seem to mind it, but I was blushing from ear to ear. When I looked to see who the idiot was, it was Bruce Wayne who had an elegantly dressed redhead on his arm. I felt like asking him if he had busted any maniacs lately, but I couldn't do that because Red did not know that Bruce Wayne's batty secret.

"H-hello, Mr. Wayne," I stutter.

"Harleen, are we at the office?" Bruce chastised me with a friendly smile.

"No, Bruce," I answer. "W-we were..."

"Notice anything different about me Bruce?" Pam steps in while holding out her right hand to save me from further embarrassment.

"Is that an engagement ring?" Bruce asks.

"Yes, it is," Pam answers with a big smile.

"Congratulations!" Bruce blurts out while shaking both of our hands. "I was wondering when it was going to happen."

"Who is your lady friend?" I wonder.

"This is photographer Vikki Vale," Bruce answered while she greets us both with a handshake.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I say to Bruce since both Red and I are getting tired.

"I'm glad to hear it," Bruce replies. "Quite a few people have been missing you."

"I think I know one person who didn't miss me," I declare with a sigh.

"I might be able to do something about that," Bruce replies wistfully.

I think what Bruce met by that while Pam and I head for her car to go home and I think about it when we both went to sleep in Pam's bed. After we both got ready for the day and got dressed, Pam drives me to work. Red snaps me away from my mystery with a probing question.

"Do you want me to take you back to your apartment after work?" Pam asks when we get to Wayne Enterprises.

"No, I want to move the rest of my stuff into your place," I reply. "I never want to be apart from you again."

"That suits me fine," Red replies with a kiss.

I show up at the basement and am about to grab my mail cart when the grumpy mail room head orders me to report to Mr. Wayne's office. I am confused about this during the whole elevator ride to the top floor. I stop briefly to acknowledge Lucis Fox's greeting and then enter Mr. Wayne's office to find an oak desk in a corner of the office which is about half the size of the boss' desk.

"New desk, Mr. Wayne?" I ask with my left eyebrow raised slightly.

"It's your desk, Ms. Quinzel," Mr. Wayne answers to startle me completely.

"Mine?" I squeak. I know that I am going to need much nicer dresses if I am going to work in the big man's office.

"You'll probably need some more money to help you and Pam start your new life so I've decided to hire you as my assistant," Bruce explains. "You will be running errands for me, but your most important job will be to creatively explain my absences while I am working on my other job."

"How about I say that you are meeting with some important people?" I give an example.

"That could work," Mr. Wayne agrees. "After work, we will be having a welcome back party for you."

"Thanks," I respond.

The day runs quickly because of my new job and then I head into the main office to see a cake and balloons set up. A few people shake my hand and then Red enters the office wearing a fancy red dress. It is obvious that Mr. Wayne invited her to the party. She comes right up to me and gets down on one knee. She opens a ring box holding one of her old rings.

"Harleen, will you marry me?" she proposes.

"Yes, but..." I answer.

"Why should you be the only one who gets to propose?" Red speaks in a snide manner to get a few laughs. "I'm sorry that I couldn't get anything nicer."

"I don't care how much the ring costs," I speak while shaking my head. "I care about you."

Red stands up and puts the ring on my finger. She then kisses me to draw some light applause.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)