More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by KingSagrell KingSagrell

Whose the Refugee that Stays with the Styiggson's

Idbado, An 18 year old Afar Tribesman from Somalia

Idbado had grown up as the son of a chief of a semi-nomadic tribe in western border regions of Somalia, frequently traveling back and forth between Ethiopia and Somalia as the situation required both for food and for reasons of safety. Being the son of the chief had bred attitudes of entitlement and superiority, while the tribe's hardy/hunter nature had drilled into Idbado the values of physical prowess, aggressiveness, and athleticism.

The government of Somalia had been fractured since the departure of the Italians decades ago when his father was his age, and though the current civil war rarely reached them in the borderlands, his father decided to air on side of caution whenever reports indicated the approach of large groups, the current size and supplies of the tribe inadequate to combat large para-military gangs.

Idbado's life was shattered when a fire fight between Swedish peacekeeping forces and a rebel militia caught his tribe in the middle. The bloody affair had left his tribe on the verge of extermination, him being the sole male survivor. The Swedish troops, having driven off the rebels, brought them to a UN extraction zone not far away, where they received food and care, while they awaited potential resettlement abroad. In that camp, Idbado's anger and desire for boiled over. He blamed the "white devils" as his father had referred to Europeans, and not his countrymen for the loss of his people. They were at the heart of Somalia's problems and the cause of his loss. He would make them pay, the Swedes in particular, and his tribe would reborn. Boarding a flight for his new home in Sweden, the angry Somali contemplated his .

Idbado arrives at the airport and is greeted by Mr.Styiggson and his Family

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)