More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 8 by Xenolan Xenolan

Later...

Lady Rosaline is curious

Tomorrow, you will be able to enjoy the festival more thoroughly, with the common folk; for now, however, your duties as King demand that you mingle with the lords and important guests in the Great Hall. "Lady Vixen" is off talking with yor friend the Sultan, and you can tell that Valerie's words were true; she is far too comfortable in this situation to not be of noble birth and upbringing. You cannot recall any noble families of nearby kingdoms who have lost a daughter, however; certainly none in Elyssia itself. Admittedly, it has not been your most successful area of study since becoming King.

"Your Majesty?" says a voice behind your left elbow. You turn and behold the Lady Rosaline, holding a crystal goblet of red wine.

"My lady," you reply, kissing her hand and trying not to look awkward or taken aback - the last time you saw her, she was... well, she was riding you in your bed, her uncovered breasts bouncing joyfully as you thrust repeatedly inside her. She left very shortly after, without bidding you farewell, and you did not see her at Sir Reginald's parting. That had been a year and a half ago, and if anything she looks even more beautiful now.

"You are looking well, Your Majesty," she says with a hint of a smile. "Ruling a kingdom seems to be good for you."

"And you are as lovely as ever, my lady," you reply. If she wants to play it coy, then so be it.

"My cousin sends his regrets," Rosaline says in a bored tone. "He seems to have come down with a malady of some kind, perhaps food which he is unused to."

You search her eyes for any indication that she might know the truth behind Reginald's excuses, but see no evidence of it. "How unfortunate," you reply. "I'm sure we will see him later."

"Perhaps. But tell me, who is this charming young lady who accompanies you this day? I have never seen her before, and no one seems to know who she might be."

You suddenly realize that you have made no arrangements for how you might introduce her; you can hardly go around saying that she is "Lady Vixen". You could certainly invent a name, but who is to say that she has not already? "I should introduce her to you," you say. "Please, allow me go and bring her."

"That's what servants are for," Rosaline says, and then leans in close to whisper. "Honestly, Xavier, it's almost like you haven't been a King for very long."

"One tries, Rosaline" you reply, frantically trying to think of how you're going to pull this off.

"See, that's rather telling right there... we really shouldn't be on a first-name basis. People might begin to talk." A wink follows her words.

It suddenly occurs to you that one way you might be able to forestall the introduction would be to invite Rosaline to join you for a private moment away from the festivities... it's a near-certainty that she would accept, especially since her cousin is absent!

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)