More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by splotch splotch

What's next?

Summoning a demon

Sandrath looked around her. Her sanctum was fully prepared. There was a pentagram of fresh blood on the ground. The moonlight shined in through all the windows. Black candles and incenses burned. She had the tome of hate open before her. She was prepared to summon a demon.

Kargath the monstrous was the particular demon. Sandrath had spent years mastering the spells to bring the demon to this plane. It was a dangerous, high risk spell. Demons were tricky, wrath filled creatures, and Kargath had a reputation for feasting on despair and humiliation. Yet she needed the power. There was an army of Paladins and Clerics amassing fifty miles south. Her spies told her they were intent on driving her evil from the land. Damn do gooder Paladins, she cursed. Their light magic would be enough to defeat her! She needed help.

Summoning Kargath had been a planned last resort for a long time. Well, now she needed the demon's powers. She hoped that she could control it!

She began reading the ritual. The pentagram began to glow red. The candle light seemed to dim and the shadows grew taller and deeper. Sandrath felt a cold chill her to the bone. Then from the center of the pentagram came a burst of hellfire. Brimstone stank filled the sanctum. Sandrath coughed and her eyes watered. There, standing before her was a horned man. To her suprise, besides the horns, his red eyes and the redish tint to his skin, he looked human. Well, the tail and the clawed feet were a dead give away. But he was only about six feet tall, with black slicked back hair, a pencil thin mustache, and a double breasted suit with matching crimson trousers.

"K... Kargath?" Sandrath asked in shock. She'd been expecting a monster, not this rather sleazy looking humanoid!

"In the flesh." The demon smiled. Sandrath was baffled. How had this demon famously bested the greatest mages in history, destroyed whole villages and ruined kingdoms? Perhaps his reputation had been exaggerated over the years? She hoped not. She needed great power to stand against her foes!

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)