More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by oblivieta oblivieta

Who is the main character?

President Christine Wallace - POTUS

After the security detail conducted a thorough search of the place, her motorcade entered the premises of the resort.

The property took up several acres alongside the Florida coastline. It was exclusive too. Membership was reserved for only the wealthy and well-connected. The beachside resort was world renowned as an epitome of luxury. Even the spa treatments were legendary.

But that wasn't why President Christine Wallace paid the place a visit. Especially not when the election was less than three months away.

She was here for business. The owner of the resort, a staunch businesswomen named Amelia Bolton, was a major party donor. A private fundraiser was being held there that day, and there was cash to be acquired. These sorts of things were often time consuming, and asking for money was always humiliating, but it was necessary to fund her political ambitions.

At best, she preferred these sorts of private affairs with the elite. There was virtually no chance that she'd be heckled or pampered with excessive compliments. Everything was to the point. She'd get her money, and they'd get to take a picture with her.

At worst, she'd have to give these people favours. Especially the ones who funded her Super PACs with millions of dollars. Well worth the exchange, she thought.

President Wallace stepped out of her car, flanked by two agents. A gentle breeze pushed up her office skirt and put waves on her pink blouse. She put on her public face that consisted of a rehearsed smile, which suggested that she was always in a great mood. She certainly looked the part. Frankly, she was a gorgeous woman. A trait that arguably catapulted her to celebrity status and helped her win the oval office.

She had always been careful about that, though. She never wanted her beauty or fashion to eclipse her brains. She always made a point of putting her intelligence and personality first, but when needed, she'd look gorgeous for the right events.

When she approached the entrance of the resort, she greeted Amelia with a friendly embrace, which suggested that they had a close personal relationship, when in reality, their relationship was mostly business.

"Madam President," she said, bending down to kiss her cheek. "It's a pleasure to have your company."

She politely smiled, "It's a pleasure to be here. My goodness, what a beautiful resort. It's like a short little vacation."

Her eyes surveyed the gorgeous environment. She had always loved the ocean and Florida weather. The day was a little hot for her taste, but she didn't let that distract her.

Amelia gestured to the entrance. "Right this way. I'd like to offer you some refreshments and we can go over a few points for the fundraiser."

In politics, that meant backroom dealings. She gave him a courteous smile and entered the building. This was all part of the job. When it came to high profile donors, she was always curious as to what tricks they'd have up their sleeves, and what kinds of favours they'd want.

What happens next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)