More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by TurinTurambar TurinTurambar

What's next?

Politics and Culture

POLITICAL STRUCTURE

Tol Galadh is an Ecclesiastical Feudal Monarchy. Duchesses and Countesses hold lands and holdings in their own right, but swear allegiance to the Queen who is elected by the Princesses and rules until her or abdication. The nine constituent current Princesses are as follows:

Primogeniture is applied everywhere except Kashkir, where ultimogeniture is practiced, and the Echowald, where the Convocation appoints a successor.

CULTURES AND ETHNICITIES

There are seven culture groups of elves.

  • WOOD ELVES live in the forests, are Celtic in appearance, rather pale, often have light hair colors. They possess good nature magic and are good rangers and archers. They follow the Elven goddess of Gaia and are the most numerous and most dominant group on the island.
  • HIGH ELVES live in the Northern mountains and hills. They look Slavic and are equally pale. Their primary goddess is Lelya.
  • ICE ELVES live in the far Northern mountains, have almost white skin and mostly blonde, silver or red hair. They are more reserved and do often appear cold to outsiders. They are more affine to the magic of cold and ice. They worship Krywen.
  • NIGHT ELVES live in the Echowald Forest. They look East Asian, are pale and have almost exclusively dark hair. They are often good assassins or mentalists and have good shipbuilders. Their main goddess is Aya.
  • SEA ELVES live in the Southern Mountains and plains. They are Mediterranean in appearance, are slightly tanned and have dark hair. Their goddess is Siara.
  • SAND ELVES live in the desert plains. They look Persian / Arabic / Levantine and have little connection with the other groups. They have dark hair and skin and are the only ones who sometimes possess fire magic, though very little of it. Their main goddess is Azula.
  • NYMPHS are a collective term for different uncivilized elves that lurk everywhere on the island and have no other intentions than to procreate and have fun. They are the Naiads (live in swamps and forest ponds), Nereids (live in the ocean and ride on dolphins), Dryads (live in the forests and speak to the trees), Hesperides (domesticated nymphs living as working or pleasure slaves to other elves) and Lampades (live in swamps and forests, appear as distant creepy blue lights in the fog and are often hostile or at least very dangerous). Most Nymphs look similar to the Wood Elves, but some are more related to the Night Elves and look South East Asian. They worship Kyra.

RELIGION

The pantheon of the Elves consists of seven goddesses, whose depiction can vary greatly across the island. They correspond to the seven sacred sex positions that every whore needs to perfect to be considered a courtesan. They are also each associated with one of the elven cultures. All goddesses except the main goddess Gaia have an animal companion.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)