More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Sorenus Sorenus

Who are you?

Percival Arkus, who just turned 18.

Percival Arkus grew up in a small town in southern Montana. It was relatively isolated-not a wholly rural community, but surrounded deep enough in forests that it was at least an hour drive from the edge of it to any other town in the area. It had a population of just over 1000 people-relatively small in the modern day United States.

Percival Arkus was considered to be a normal kid by most people around him. At the age of 18, he had just graduated high school a week ago. He had slightly above average grades, and a decent build. He stood at 5'11" with black hair and blue eyes-ultimately, relatively average looks, with an average intelligence and physique to match. That's not to say he didn't have friends-far from it. He was relatively easy to get along with-a friendly person. But he only had a couple of really close friends, who knew him really well. But to those who knew him a little better, like said friends, or his family, he was a little...off.

For as long as he could remember, Percival had always been able to...see...things. People, he'd say. He found it a little odd that they were always women, but it didn't really matter to him. Of course, it would be a misnomer to say that the people he saw were normal. They possessed a variety of attributes. Some looked normal beyond the fact that they seemed to Percival to be figments of his own imagination, but others were different. Some acted like wild animals half the time, some wore odd clothing (skimpy and slutty, some might say, but Percival was willing to be political about it.) Perhaps the oddest thing was that most of these people seemed to live in the woods, out in the middle of nowhere. Or at least, that was the only place he ever countered them. He saw no homes or anything to provide evidence than anybody actually resided in such a place.

Percival was confident that these people existed though. Yes, he was absolutely sure of it. He had been able to interact with them, and they had been able to interact with the world. But only sometimes! It was odd-sometimes they'd be able to play with him, and help him build things in the woods when he was young. But they could also float through walls, and were sometimes unable to open doors? He couldn't get it. Of course, the biggest reason he had known they were more than just illusions was information. On more than a few occasions, these people would give him information about the rest of the world, stuff that he had no idea about, but that proved to be true again and again.

Still...to most others around him, Percival was a normal person. Even to him, the oddness was only a little extra flavor added to his life. It didn't really affect him. He was sure that he would still go to college, get a job, maybe a family, and live a relatively average life. That was until one day at the end of June, where everything changed.

What happened?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)