More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 160 by Funatic Funatic

The future looked like it would hold some very weird things in store for him.

Patch Notes

Welcome to Patch 1.2., John Newman, the class update. Several things have been adjusted, introduced or changed, so let’s run it down so I can get back to trying to beat Feri at Smash Bro.

Overall changes: Changed font from Calibri to Arial, changed background from orange to light blue.

The Gamer changes:

Character Window:

  1. You now have classes to choose from, this choice will be made over the new class menu.

A class provides 1-4 bonuses to your character, these bonuses get stronger the higher the classes level is. To level a class, you need to beat challenges, which will give you a varying amount of percent. A level up always occurs at 100 percent. A level up will also give you a choice of rewards. The choices will be similar to the ones you already know from Artificial Spirit. These perks are either passive or unlock/strengthen abilities of that class.

You may change classes at any given time. Inactive classes will only grant you reduced bonuses. The perks are permanent and will stick even through class changes. You can only have a maximum of 7 (Your level divided by 10) total class levels at the current time. Over time you will unlock more classes and the level up only occurs if you choose to, so spend those levels wisely.

  1. Your Stats have been sorted into three categories to make the sheet look a bit better and also provide clarity which ones they will get synergy bonuses with. That being only stats in the same block.
  2. The Quest menu has been moved to your character sheet. Furthermore, you can now see who has given you a quest, as not only me, the supreme goddess Gaia, is eligible to give you quests, any sufficiently powerful individual (or group) can do it.
  3. Equipment has also been moved to your character sheet. The Rings were removed and replaced with a second slot on Left Hand and Right Hand. This way you can now equip up to 4 rings or 3 rings and one glove or 2 rings and a bracelet and a dagger or…you get the idea. Upper Body was also renamed to Chest.
  4. Other minor additions: You can now sort your skills by name or level. Also, you can rename them if you want to.

Extended Window:

I rolled the remaining windows into one (excluding inventory, which remains unchanged); a couple of new/changed things though.

  1. Gaia Dependency Factor: This shows how much of your helpless butt I need to carry. With this patch it was reduced by 20. You will find a lot of changes in your skill costs thanks to that, but now that you are somewhat strong I don’t need to protect you this strongly anymore, hence the reduction.
  2. You actually grew a bit. You are only 18, so I guess that is to be expected.
  3. Sexual Experience has been reworked, because I was sick and tired at counting the amounts of time somebody had sex. Now I can just give you rough estimates, which should be more than enough, really.
  4. The Relationship menu was reworked to the Harem Members tab. This is just more honest. It also includes the previously hidden Relationship Slot mechanic. You gain Relationship Slots through raising your Charisma; they allow you to keep your Harem out of bickering each other to . Before you say “but that is mind control Gaia!” No, that is just you being charismatic enough to smooth over the differences. Also, yes, I see that cut off r in Salamander’s name. I’ll fix it.

Skills:

Running down all your skills would be a hassle so I will just show you the new layouts, then explain stuff and then list the most important changes:

  1. Schools have been added. These show the category to which a skill belongs. Mana Protection and Mana Blade are Arcane Magic for example while Sneaking is Physical and Artificial Spirit is Golem Making. Not all that hard really.
  2. You should be familiar with cost already but it now shows you more information, which depends on the skill. so I just wanted to point that out.
  3. Effect is generally just Damage but in case you have some other number based outcomes this the general name. This is calculated with the following formula:

(Main Stat+Secondary Stat/2)*(1+Sum of percental bonuses)+Flat bonuses

Few skills have flat bonuses (or even percental ones) but I thought I’d point it out. Your enemies still don’t have HP bars so these damage numbers are purely to compare skills on paper.

  1. You won’t see this on every skill, but basically it tells you scaling per level and other stuff that might be important.

Nothing new here, but your passives are now listed instead of having their individual window each (you can still look at them in detail if you want to). Now for the changes:

  • Elementals now cost 1,25% of your Mana Regeneration while incorporeal and double that while corporeal
  • Mana Ray’s cost has been raised from 50 to 300. I helped you cast that thing until now, but you have enough mana at this point to do it on your own
  • Possession’s Mana Cost has been raised from 6 per Minute to 60 per Minute
  • Sneaking’s Mana Cost has been raised to 30 per Minute
  • Artificial Spirit now costs 1% of your Mana Regeneration, the cost doubles with each active spirit

These should be the most important ones.

Observe Changes:

Let’s start with the easy things: Observing monsters remains the same, only the colour and font was changed to the new standard.

For everyone else however this is the new sheet:

  1. These are for elementals and will be changed to Guild and Guild rank for humans.
  2. Similarly, this will be removed in case of humans.

The Observe window was remodelled to have a similar structure to yours. When I said everyone above I did exclude one group, that being Artificial Spirits.

(I lost my pencil, just roll with it)

  1. Usually Artificial Spirits join the guild of their creator but as they are able to be freed from their creators they are also able to join a guild by themselves, therefore this was added to the window.
  2. Material bonuses will now be displayed in the Observe window.

All other windows remain the same, getting the colour and font changing treatment. Okay, the items observe has a few new things going on, check that out yourself. Now go enjoy the new features, I have to try and beat Feri at this fucking game, the fact that Zone just joined doesn’t make it easier.

And for my next trick I'll actually make the Season start.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)