More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by HanTrollo HanTrollo

What Universe Are We In?

Ours

It was probably some sort of cosmic karma that a forgettable looking man was the first customer at The Broker's garage sale. Logan Pierce had graduated high school the year prior. He had no real professional or educational prospects, so he was just floating through life. He was on his way to a job fair when he passed The Broker's sale. He glanced at the time on his phone and decide that he had enough time to glance around and still make it.

Rather than the typical garage sale fare of old clothes, forgotten toys, and various household items; these tables were filled with exotic looking jewelry, ancient books, brightly colored stones, and other assorted oddities. At the very last table was a single, gold glove adorned with six different colored gems. He hefted the gauntlet and found it surprisingly light. He assumed it was some sort of plastic that was coated to feel like real metal. But it also faintly hummed with power, calling to Logan as if it wanted to be used.

He nearly jumped out of his shoes when he heard a voice from right behind him.

"See something you like young man?"

"Yeah, how much for the Infinity Gauntlet?"

"For the power to shape the universe to your will? $10"

Logan fished the cash out of his wallet and tucked the Gauntlet into his backpack. He was on his was to the job fair when he saw an advertisement for a new Marvel project starring Florence Pugh. The young man stared lustfully at the picture of the stunning blonde and felt a strange compulsion. Before he realized what was happening, Logan was wearing the Gauntlet on his right hand, the gems all glowing with power. The blue gem flashed brighter than the others and Logan found himself standing in the middle of a large crowd.

Many of the people around him were dressed in bright costumes that resembled their favorite fictional characters. He looked around and saw signs indicating that he was at the San Diego Comic Con. The yellow gem lit up and Logan suddenly knew exactly where he needed to be. The blue gem flashed again and he was sitting in a large auditorium and the object of his lust, the lovely Florence Pugh was standing on the stage answering questions. Logan smiled as the yellow gem flared to life again and he knew exactly how to use his new power to get exactly what he wanted.

What stone does he start with?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)