More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by TheDarkheart TheDarkheart

What's next?

Origins

To many Terminus is a dystopian prison realm, to you and the other banished, it is home. In a place like Terminus, you either become strong, or die. Having lived your entire life without so much as a memory of your parents, this was a lesson you learned at a very early age. Almost all of the time you didn't spent stealing food, money for food, hunting for food, fighting, or sleeping, was spent training yourself. You did this with the goal of rising to the top of the food chain, to rival the gangs that terrorized the lawless space around you. The biggest name amongst these gangs is The Incarnates. This gang in particular is perhaps the reason why you devoted yourself to bringing them down, or rising to control them.

You were taken in by the Incarnates at the age of twelve, come sixteen you had left; the lives of many on your hands, and your boot soles. From that day forward you became one of the biggest Incarnate bounties, though currently you are more of a ghost story to them.

Whenever the target on your head would become too troublesome you would travel to a new place, never changing your name, if they knew, they knew.

One day in your travels you stumbled across a large and mostly abandoned mine that was under the control of The Incarnates. The people at the mine quickly recognized you and sought to claim their gangs most infamous and untouched bounty. This day was where most of your scars came from, and where your current shelter came from.

You single handedly cleared the mine of The Incarnates, intensifying your state as most wanted of The Incarnates, as well as solidifying their urban legend like view of you.

While exploring the mine you came across an area that was blocked off. It had been since before The Incarnates took over as well. You irresponsibly went further into the mine, destroying the old boards that blocked it off. Inside the forbidden tunnel you found an isolated chunk, the crew seemed to dig around this area for quite some time before abandoning this area of the mine. In this chunk was a purple stone, each crack revealed a blood red glow. You immediately recognized the substance as Darkheart ore, the ultimate contraband.

Without a second thought you decided you would sell the ore and be set for life, but as you touched the substance it seemed to stick to you before covering you completely. In those moments it felt as if each and every fiber of your body was being attacked.

When you finally came to, you found that your body was still covered in the substance. As you struggled to stand you could see the glowing marking on your arms and legs pulse. After falling many, many times, you finally managed to walk again. Over time as you trained, the substance seemed to slowly become one with you, and now there is no trace of it on your being; at least until you bring it out.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)