More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by ntaylor ntaylor

What path Alexandra should follow ?

Oracle and Waller

The city is quiet, I seat in an alley and listen all day ... but no one is talking about the fire, no one knows nothing. I pass a little deposit of used clothes, the sign says that they are for everyone that needs ... that's me. Cargo pants, hoodie, gloves, a scarf to hide my hair and face. And a new pair of used boots. The robe and my other boots are burned, not even Bruce ... not even Father can analyse ashes.

I don't like clothes ... but all the others are not like me ... it's time to do something ... and sooner or later, they would need answers ... saving Oracle ... She is at the Manor ... I move, and exit from the bathroom.

She looks to me surprised, I point to the bed, and she says " Need a nap ? Go ahead ... the others are downstairs. Do you need something more ? " I move seat on the bed, and say " Do your satellite magic and, call Waller, please. "

She hesitates. Barbara looks at me, seating on the bed and says " You ... work for her ? " I say " No ... I'm not a bat, a bird, or a piece of chess ... You asked me if I need something more, that's what I need. "

She looks to the computer, and says " Capes run from her, even him. You want to talk to her ... " I say " I'm not a cape ... and she is the only name I know from the suits. "

Example Image

She says " Come closer ... talk ... the call is waiting. " She points to a key, I step forward, seat on the chair near her, grab a pencil and tap it three times. I can hear Alfred smiling to an angry Bruce, and an even angrier Dick. I press a key and say " Director Waller, I need share what you know. "

Waller says " Director ? You need to check your bat-files ... Yes, I know you're one of them ... I can't pinpoint where you are ... according to my tracker, you're in China ... But I know that you're not in the game, so it can only be one of you. Why should I give you anything ? " I say " Not Director ... still Waller ... I don't have access to bat-files ... All I know is that a building burned yesterday, in Gotham. Gordon is conducting the investigation. Please share what do you know. "

Waller says " This is about the building ? You think it was me ? " I say " No, and that's the biggest problem. We have no clues, except one. Us, the team that extracted the crying lady ... We all know that the story to be in the garage is thin for you. But we are not in the game, like you said ... and that was the one thing we could think. At this time, someone called someone, that called someone, that called you. So you also know that a team of brains transformed powerful servers in useless million dollars giant paper weights ... So we are the next ones that he will interrogate. Us and the rest of the town. An angry Commissioner. and an even angry big bat. "

Waller says " Damage control. Finally with someone that knows how to play this. " I say " We don't play, and damage control ... it's an expression that we heard on the movies ... Please tell us what you know. "

Waller says " Even understanding the reason ... I need something in return. " I say " We have nothing to give, and we know nothing ... except this. It's a matter of time for idiots coming forward. Can be for street credit, or any other reason. That's not important, tonight Gotham is bleeding, and tomorrow will open all the news. If you want to help, share your data. If you don't want to help, do not waste time ... If no one gets the hammer, it's a matter of time for someone thinking that can take advantage of this ... and you know it. "

Waller says " We have nothing, except the value of the land ... My personal opinion, wrong place, wrong time, they didn't knew that the daughter of the Commissioner was upstairs playing online games at night ... They just want the land. " I say " If that's true, get eyes on the other buildings near ... they are next if you are right. Fake bomb threats ... gas leak ... whatever is necessary ... pull them out. "

Waller says " I'm the one in charge, do not give me orders. " I say " Then do it, we have no means ... and pulling the fire alarm for each floor takes to long ... wrong place, wrong time ... land ... check if there is something underground, and history also ... from legends of fairies to buried pirates treasure ... they believe in all. "

Waller says " Already did ... Why don't you ask the big bat ? I bet he already did. " I say " Gordon is the one that fires the bat-signal ... everyone knows that. His daughter was there ... This is personal for the bats ... and just for that reason, no bat or bird can work this case ... if any of them followed protocol. So a new pair of eyes is needed ... your eyes, send all you have, please. "

Waller says " Who are you ? " I say " We are the ones that waited for the violet comet, the crimson trail, or even the bat-chopper ... but no one came ... All busy, so we got burned, to be the legs of someone that can't run. We do not exist, and tonight we were exposed ... Thank you for your help. Send us your phone number. "

Waller says " Phone number ? " I say " Or email ... something official to receive photos. "

Waller says " What kind of photos ? " I say " FBI Wanted list. We will clean it, sending you directly the photos of them, with the location, date and time. Using the tip line is slow, if you see the photos, we know that you can call someone to speed the process. "

Waller says " Not going to get them personally ? " I say " We are eyes, not arms ... heroes or capes. Yesterday we all get our pants stained to save her ... if anyone will ask us to purge server while a building was burning ... we were the first to refuse ... But after yesterday, we are no longer needed. So we need another source of income. The FBI rewards for the tips, we will take them all. After we start cleaning the list, the same people that demoted you are going to try to frame us, so it's better that you do all by the book. Anonymous tips from your ex-associates to get the rewards. "

Waller says " Rewards ? What if I refuse ? " I say " It's always your decision. Rewards ... yes ... we still need to a roof and something to eat ... And you are the only one we trust with a suit, if you refuse ... we stop and forget all this. "

Wallers says " Tired of the game ? " I say " The game is fixed, we all know it. But removing you from the board, is a critical hit ... A mother without arms, running on the river bank, watching her baby drowning and get pulled by the strong river current ... Can't do nothing, just scream, running, and crying ... If the mother sees the baby pulled down ... she stops running. "

Waller says " You're strange ... " I say " Thank you. " I end the call, and Barbara looks at me. Batman enters trough the door and says " Who are you ? "

I look to him, and move in the direction of the bathroom, Barbara says " Wait ... aren't you going to sleep ? "

I say " Waller is not a Director, you are alive ... I know all about you, and can't answer any of your questions. The price for this bed is to high, and saving you is not enough for him, so it's better to go. " Damian enters trough the window and says " You're not going anywhere. "

I look to him " The last Robin, still angry but without a sword ... One more thing ... I am trespassing your house, so I can understand the intention behind your words ... but before doing what you already planed, consider that I entered here. This at least will raise a little of precaution on your armour of courage and pride. "

I look to Barbara and say " You should go home. The call was recorded, and we plant the seed, so you need to look weak. You're not weak ... you're probably stronger than any one of them ... but your father is worried. And they are watching. Use your acting skills, drop a tear if you can ... hug him and tell him that you were scared ... just for tonight ... he can't be on this streets with blood in his eyes ... Like we said to Waller, the idiots will take credit for it ... and one of them can push your father to much ... "

Barbara looks at me, Alfred comes behind Batman and says " I was going to suggest exactly the same. You talk in the plural ... we ? "

I say " Shadow games, Alfred ... They don't know how smart Oracle is, or who I am. So we are a team, that purged the servers and helped her. A messy story, for a messy situation ... that can explain the huge servers that they found. "

Damian looks to the window and says " We are going to investigate this, stay out of our way. " I say " Wrong, the bats are going to punch the usual suspects, and play the part. They might want you angry, and we don't know why. Play along, and bait them. While the birds get a big truck, and move all there is to be moved, before Waller sees what's inside the secret passage. A fire ... a perfect detail to break walls and check every corner ... And Oracle doesn't have gloves ... A fire can destroy all ... or not ... you can't risk it, move all before Montoya trips on them. "

Dick comes from the window and says " Montoya ? " I say " Barbara's best friend on the ... in a sense she is like all of you, and is just waiting for the sunset to break in and finds something or someone. Same thing for Gordon, Montoya, Bullock ... they all need eyes, before they cross the line ... Could be because is the daughter of the Commissioner, could be because is a lady in a wheel chairs, could be both, or could be something else ... Gotham's finest want blood, and you are wasting your time listening my word games. The signal is up. "

Damian looks to his bracelet, and says " And you ? " I say " I'll follow Waller's idea, can you borrow me a pair of zip cuffs ? " Dick looks to me, pulls a box from his belt and hands it to me " Zip cuffs ? Waller is right, you are strange ... " I put the box inside my pocket, go to the bathroom and move.

I know that there is a tracking device inside the box, I don't need to sleep or rest ... or even call Waller ... but I need to pretend ... That's why I move in small bursts ... like jumps. From the Manor to the road. From the road to the bridge, from the bridge to the City, and to the building near the burned place. I look around and see the birds disguised as a cleaning crew, moving the bat-servers, and the other toys inside big boxes taken to a big truck. Tim lands near me. He says " They are following your plan, any more ideas ? "

I say " It's not my plan ... they are just suggestions ... that any of you could think after forget that her was the victim ... Montoya, go near her and bait her. You are the smartest, so you can control better your emotions ... help her in the questioning ... when you brake a nose tonight, you can save her career ... Eyes on the street ? "

He says " She is watching ... here this is for you. " He hands me one earpiece and I say " Sorry ... I play solo. She can see me on the cameras ... and we have a winner. " Tim looks to the street and says " I don't see nothing ... "

I say " Exactly ... It's an inside job, third building on the left. Only ones doing overtime, call her and check it. "

I start waling and he says " What are you going to do ? " I say " Check with my eyes. " And I move. A simple jump on their eyes. Hyper speed, they look frozen in space for me. Gasoline, dynamite and matches ... primitive. But explains much ... The explosion made the bookcase collapse, and trapped Babs ... sounds to good to be true.

I see on the street one of Waller's agents ... they are easy to identify, after checking the wallet ... Federal agents badges, mandatory to carry them all the time. There are two punks, one can of gasoline on the floor, near the dynamite, and a box of matches on the pocket of the older one. My first thing, is take the box of matches from his pocket. Tim is getting near, and Montoya is behind him, I step back to the shadows, and Montoya shouts loud " Police, stop where you are. "

They put the hand on their pockets, draw their guns, and Red Robin's disks fly disarming them before they can aim. The Federal agent steps forward and says " You can talk to me, or to them ... but I promise, you will talk. "

They start spilling about the plan of burning the buildings to increase the need for protection. A basic scheme that matches the puzzle. Tim looks to me on the shadows, I point to the building in front, also with a light. I move before he says something. Just one punk. Same method, I grab the gasoline canister, hit his head with it, and use the zip cuffs. He makes amateur threats, and I say with Batman's voice " How many ? "

He stops talking, I smash his nose on the ground and repeat with angry Batman's voice " How many ? " He says while bleeding " You ... can't do this ... I have my rights and ... " He stops talking when I brake his right index finger. I say with a calm Batman's voice " Next wrong answer you are going to eat just liquids ... forever ... and you will need assistance to go to the toilet ... How many ? "

He starts shaking, and stains appear on his pants. He says with a trembling voice " Just me and two other guys. The older one is our boss, it was his idea. He is with a new guy ... showing him how to do the work ... I'm alone. We are just three ... We didn't knew that the lady with the wheelchair was inside the building ... I swear ... We're not monsters ... And after finding out who she is ... seeing her on the news ... we just want the money to get out of here ... just this last job ... "

He starts crying, Tim is the first to arrive. The bat-box has a bug, he heard all. I hand him the bat-box, he is still surprised of what I had done, but says " Keep it. " I say " I don't like bugs. " And put the box on his hands.

When I exit the building, Canary comes out from the shadows near me " She ... is impressed with your work ... Come with us. "

I say " Not tonight ... I'll be there after taking care of personal business ... " She looks to me surprised and hands me a piece of paper. " Call this number ... She will answer. " I continue walking, and see Bruce searching something inside a trash can. I turn to the alley, and see that they are all busy talking to each others.

I look to Bruce, and before he does anything, I press the hidden button on his belt, under his jacket. He looks to me surprised, and I say " Brainiac 5 sent me. They are all dead. I'm the last one. Saving Oracle created a new time line. Pretend that you don't know nothing. I will create a separated with her. You will hate me, but answer my call after we create the new headquarters, and play along." He says " No answers ... now all makes sense ... Where are you going ? "

I turn my head and say " Where is Kal ? " He says " Out ... of this dimension is ... " I say " Diana is out also ... Your plan, one of the three stays ... This doesn't make any sense, there should be nothing ... unless ... I need to go. I do not exist ... It was an honour to meet you Batman. " And I move.

Where do I go ?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)