More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by TamusBeard TamusBeard

What's next?

On a trip to Save the world (and Tame a Demon Lord?)

The knight bearing the crest of the chosen hero rode steadfast to claim the treasures of power. The first one being the Bindings of Harashin, a sort of sentient silk that acts as armor or a trap to those who dare go against the user. It was located in a temple on the tallest mountain on a cliff that has miraculously held its weight for thousands of years.

The knight climbed the mountain baring the pain and exhaustion of such an act in platemail. Their goal was too grand to be stopped by any limitation such as physical health. So they climbed until they reached the Harashin Temple. The knight opened the temple doors only to see an ogre dressed up in priest garb. The creature meanwhile sat calmly looking down on a book as the knight came forward.

"Ah must be the season of the foolish once again" The ogre said closing his book and standing at 10 foot tall. The knight merely stood strong as the ogre came towards him.

"So tell me mortal, what grand vision gives you the courage to stand up to me hmm" The ogre laughed as he looked down at the 4'10 inch warrior before him.

"I seek to save the world" came the voice muffled beneath the helmet. The armor bearing markings of an azure dragon known in this world as a protector of justice.

"Hahaha, You save the world. You with no claim. I think not, rather you will add to the pile of corpses of would be heroes and bandits who failed before you." As the ogre grabbed his spiked club that bore markings of the holy order of the land.

The knight in response only took off a glove to show the markings they bearing the mark of a hero on a dainty hand before replacing the glove and readying their sword.

"Oh you think that this is the first time I have seen that symbol. I just killed some farmboy bearing it last week so either the gods are weak and foolish as to make many chosen or they are all imposters including YOU!!!!" As he brought down the club towards the knight as the deflected the blow making it hit the ground near them.

The ogre smiled as this was at least going to be a fun battle as they exchanged blows back and forth until finally after one hard swing the ogre slung the hero against the wall and broke their sword. The ogre dragged their club across the ground as they menacingly walked towards the knight. Before they struck down they merely smiled and said "You were fun hero but the game is done so any last words for when I give you a proper burial?"

The knight instead of responding dived forward and grabbed the broken blade before stabbing the ogres leg. Then they proceeded to jump up and stab his chest before looking the ogre in the eye. An exchange of wills burned between the two like two animals trying to find the alpha.

The ogre relented and dropped his club. "Very well hero you are the real deal, just let me get my things then I will get you the bindings".

And so the hours passed as the knight leaned against a tree on the temples path. The ogre came out bearing a large backpack and their club as they calmly walked to the knight and snapped their fingers. Soon a red silk came flooding into the ogres giant hand as the temple started to creak and crumble. After the last of the cloth landed in the ogres hand, the temple fell off the cliff and collapsed.

"Here you are hero and here is a replacement for the one I broke" as the ogre presented the Bindings of Harashin and a replacement sword. The knight placed them away as they got ready to go after the next artifact.

"You will find your next artifact in the belly of a volcano, good luck hero" as they walked off to who knows where.

What is the next treasure?

  • No further chapters
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)