More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by conkers024 conkers024

Choose your character

Olivia Hadley (The sniper)

"Oh god..." Olivia struggled to get onto her feet as her body ached in pain. her vision was blurry and her ears were ringing. She looked around and saw nothing but forest in every direction. Through the thick underbrush of the forest she was barely able to spot a glowing orange light shining through. It was a fire, it must have been coming from the wreckage of her vehicle. She shuffled her feet, slowing making her way toward the fire as she tried to remember how she ended up in her current predicament.

Lance corporal Olivia Hadley was 23 years old. She had blue eyes, coffee colored hair and a slender figure from her time as a professional ballerina in the Venus colonies Ballet. She enlisted in the UENF as the war began coming closer and closer to her home. Straight out of boot camp, Olivia was transferred over to the Ithaca at the request of her father Colonel Frederick Hadley, the Ithaca's executive officer. Hadley had trained to be a sniper and was rated among the UENF academy's best. However while she longed to see combat, her father had her transferred onto the Ithaca precisely to keep her off the front lines.

Olivia had volunteered for the recon mission that morning as it was expected to be relatively safe, it would both give her an opportunity to see the new world they had crashed on and her father would not reason to object. Everything was going well until her team was unexpectedly attacked by a dragon. Her last memory was the dragon closing in for an attack on their vehicle.

Now here she was, limping through the forest, her skintight sniper suit was still in a pristine white condition as the color changing plates built into it were very resistant to any damage. She felt a bit bruised and beat up but didn't think she sustained any serious injuries in the attack. Olivia finally came upon the wreckage of her vehicle and found some but not all the bodies from the recon team. Her sergeant and the Spec ops officer assigned to them were nowhere to be found. She assumed they were able to get away as the most combat experienced members of the group. Well that or the dragon swallowed them whole. They were supposed to make contact with a nearby wood elf village but she wasn't sure how much further down the dirt road that could be. She thought carefully about whether it would be safer to go deeper into the forest in the hopes of finding the elves, or turn around and head back to the Ithaca in the hopes of running into the surviving members of her team...

Return to the Ithaca or tread deeper into the forest?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)