More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Beggarman Beggarman

Allone or not?

Older Sister

[[OOC: Hello readers! Just FYI, I have created a forum topic for feedback about this story, which also details some more of my plans. As my first real contribution to the site, I would appreciate feedback if anything stands out as great or grating. Link Here]]

This summer was supposed to be amazing. You'd turned 18 a few weeks ago, but hadn't really been able to celebrate due to exams. But that was OK, there were so many good parties afterwards to have fun at! Or you would have, if you hadn't have gotten horribly ill at the first one you'd went to. You never even got to touch a drop of before you were praying to Huey. Not that your Mum believed you when she came to pick you up. Now you're grounded for the entire summer. Seems a bit harsh for what she thinks is a first-time drinker, but what can you do?

... Well, you're only technically grounded. It's not like Mum's here to enforce it, off on her round-the-world cruise with your stepdad. Kinda lucky that she won that. It's just you and your sister here, and she's a lot more reasonable. She just needs a bit of buttering up... and you've done an awful job of that so far.

To be fair, it's not entirely your fault. Your parents have been gone just over a week, and in that time, the weather has been utterly miserable. It has not stopped raining at all, keeping you and your sister stuck indoors anyway. And to make matters worse, the internet & TV went out early in the week. You're now back in the stone age. The handful of books you hadn't read were exhausted in the first few days, and now you're left with whatever's on terrestrial, or can be rigged up to the TV. And Natalie knows it. She also knows that you're trying hard to not piss her off, and has been taking advantage of that to get more to get her way. Though, your patience was coming to an end.

That said, You and Natalie are fairly similar, as may be expected for sisters with a decent relationship with each other. Surely you must be able to find some common ground?

Your taste in entertainment is fairly alike, although you have diverged a little after her few years away at Uni. Shame there's not a lot to watch, or do, together.

You're both fairly intelligent and active, although you had to work more to match her sporting ability, while she had to study more for equivalent grades. Not that there's much to study for right now, and there's only so much exercise you can do in a day while locked indoors.

She's a bit more closed-off, but very sociable when she wants to be; You're eager to meet new people, but can get embarrassed easy once talking. Doesn't really help that she doesn't want to talk and you can't a conversation.

Height is probably the biggest difference between the two of you - you're just over 5ft 2, while she's closer to 5ft 7. She's leaner and more athletic-looking, while you still have a tiny bit of puppy fat, giving you a slightly curvier and youthful look. Playing dress-up in each other's clothes is basically out of the question, if that's even a thing that people do.

You both have the same expressive blue eyes, slightly turned-up nose and wavy brunette hair, but she styles hers straight, while you hair is naturally loose, but still has a pink-y tinge to it from the charity run you did a month or so ago. You both get a smattering of freckles over your nose and upper cheeks when you've been out in the sun for a little while, but it seems only you've had that chance in the last month-or-so for which they last. Not that any of that is particularly useful for your current situation...


"C'mon, isn't it my turn on the TV now?" you whine, looking up to your sister.

"No, piss off." She doesn't even take her eyes off the screen. You can tell she doesn't mean anything malicious by it; It's just one of those times where she doesn't want to talk. She's like this, sometimes, but it doesn't change that you're frustrated.

"But you've been on it all morning! Isn't there something I can watch?" You're putting on a pout now - just a little bit, but from your position on the floor below her, it's likely quite exaggerated.

"No. Unless you like Snooker or Antiquing, there is. Nothing. Else. On." A vague Scottish accent lilts the end of her sentence - must have picked something up while at Uni. She still doesn't take her eyes off the screen. Not that the old western on TV is all that interesting. You quiet down for a bit, trying to get something out of it, but failing.

"... Do you like Snooker? Or, Antiquing?" She seems genuinely curious, making eye contact once you've swivelled around to look at her again. You're caught a bit off-guard by the question.

"Uh, no, I guess not."

"Right." She turns back to the screen. "Thought I might have missed out on something while I was away."

"I mean, I don't mind playing pool, but it's boring to watch, y'know?" You're still looking up to her, but she's not really paying attention to you anymore.

"Yep." She's closing off. Damn! At least a quick chat would have been interesting.

You're sure she's doing this just to piss you off. She can't be getting any enjoyment from the show. Though, glancing over at her, she seems to actually be paying attention. She occasionally tugs at her clothes - a pulling out the sleeves of her old baggy fleece, flattening out her old band T-Shirt and jogging shorts - although that's a tick she's always had, and you're not sure if it indicates anything.

You've spent nearly an hour trying to watch this thing, but it's just so incredibly dull. Very little is going on - quiet talking while men in silly cowboy hats stand or occasionally strut around. The sound is quite muffled. The picture is in colour, but really washed out. You grab one of your pillows off the floor and hold it diagonally, close to your chest, your chin pushing the corner in as you rest your head on it. Maybe you could doze off like this...

Another 15 or so minutes go by, although it feels like 15 hours. You're close to sleep when a scream from the TV catches your attention. Finally, some action! The quality is still fuzzy and muddy, but the scene is clear: Mr Bad Guy and the Damsel in Distress are alone in a room together, and she's passed out! You gasp, intending for it to sound mocking, but Natalie doesn't seem to be interested, so you cut the bit short.

The scene ramps up - MBG is now tying up DiD! And you feel... funny. This again. You can't take your eyes off the screen. As he wraps the rope around her chest, you grip the pillow a bit tighter. As he pulls her forward, your jaw slackens. Your pulse picks up as he brings the rope around behind her, heart pounding away in your chest. As the rope tightens, you draw your legs together, before you're interrupted by a hand on your shoulder:

"Hey! Karen! Are you OK!?" Natalie is leaning over near you, looking worried.

"Uh, yeah, I'm OK," you respond, realising you're slightly out of breath. Your face flushes (or was already flushed?), embarrassed that Natalie might have noticed you were a bit more into that than with the rest of the movie.

"You sure? You sounded like you were having trouble breathing. You still have your asthma pump? Haven't had anything with nuts, have you? Maybe we sh-"

"No, really, I'm fine, I just dozed off." Lucky for you, it seems like she just thinks you were ill. She's always been a bit protective of you, a bit more so than the usual Older-Younger sibling dynamic, even if she isn't always so personable. Some ill-health when you were a child and a couple of minor, lingering issues as an adult have definitely coloured her approach to you, although you're mostly better now - wouldn't have been the best swimmer in the school if you weren't!

"Well, if you insist..." she says uneasily, eyes narrowed at you for the second before she turns back to the TV. MBG has made his way to the nearby railway line, and left DiD there. He literally twirls his moustache, and Natalie lets out a chuckle. A... long chuckle. Then she's full-on laughing. The cowboy on the screen looks goofy with his wide-legged gait, but he's not that funny, is he? "Oh Karen! Really?!"

"What?" You try and keep a straight face, but you feel the blood rush to your cheeks again, and you crack a slight smile anyway.

"Christ, I know it's been a little while without the internet, but are you that ?" She's grinning from ear to ear now, eyes slightly glassy with tears. "Don't you keep anything downloaded?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about," you reply, trying to keep your voice stable, but instead putting on a really , almost 'received pronunciation' style accent. It's not convincing.

"Oh come on, we're both smarter than that. The..." she trails off a bit, gesturing at the TV, although there's just adverts on now, "The girl, the tying up. You liked that, didn't you?"

"No!" You playfully slap her leg, turning away from her now, paying close attention to an advert for toothpaste as you hug the pillow tighter.

"I know you're a bit repressed, bu-"

"I am NOT repressed!" You turn and slap her leg again, harder this time.

"OoooOOOoooh! Hit a nerve, did I?" You're disappointed to admit that she did. You are, kinda - you've watched some porn, going through a variety of topics, but never really 'got' it until you started getting into BDSM topics, but the feelings were so overwhelming that you've never really went back. Too intense, too much thrown at you. Not to mention that your dating pool is pretty dry - the local prospects are mediocre, and you don't have the time to travel with all the study and exercise you do. "All I'm saying is that I am your sister, after all..."

You think you spot an opening there. "So you're saying that you're into bondage!"

"I'm saying nothing, not until you admit it." She raises an eyebrow, then turns back to the TV, as she mutters "Though you're the one who knows the name..."

Damn. I don't think she's going to budge on that. What the hell do I do? Stick with the lie and hope she gives in, or admit it, so at least we have something to talk about?

Tell the Truth, or Lie?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)