More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by just some account just some account

What rule does he change first? What happens?

Objectification, fanservice, and media

The user of the app had a very specific vision of the world.
He wanted to make it look sexier, but not significantly change the world in unexpected ways, nor to make things worse. An experiment, before deciding on larger changes to society, or even humanity.
The ethical, social and sexual considerations were too long to list here, only the rules.
First, to mitigate possible damage, and improve society, while still making it more to his taste:

  • Men and women have fully equal legal rights, except for cases where there is an objective, obvious reason for the rights to be different. Gender is never a reason for unfair discrimination. Skills and achievements are always judged objectively. It is unthinkable to treat someone worse because of their gender. It is obvious that women are worthy of respect as much as men. Stories have a great amount of female characters, as powerful and independent as male characters. This rule is true in the entire world, and did not require a social movement to fight for it. “Feminism” is a small and obscure (though positively viewed) movement of women who try to be more feminine. "Sexual harassment" doesn't exist as a legal concept (though "sxual " does).

With that out of the way:

  • All women enjoy showing off their bodies, and don’t have any problem with being sexually objectified. However, this rule doesn’t change the social customs determining which clothes count as acceptable, and which are too revealing, nor does it make women less embarrassed by wearing clothes that would count as too revealing without this rule.
  • All visual media includes a great amount of sexual fanservice focusing on women, and all women in media are sexually objectified. This rule doesn’t otherwise change the contents of any media. The nature of the fanservice and objectification depends on the media, and is never out of place.

(Note: this rule means the movies would not be just porn parodies. The plot in them will still make as much sense, and the sexual elements would be part of it; female monsters, such as zombies, will still be scary and/or ugly monsters that eat you, even if some addition is made to make them sexier. The “level” of sexuality will not change – cartoons for kids will not have sex happening on screen. Not even nipples will show, probably (must respect MPAA!). But all women would be dressed in the sexiest clothes the rating allows; there would be upskirts; some groping; camera shots focusing on their bodies; tricking women into sexier clothes or poses; innuendo (of the kind that was already present, just MORE of it); damsels in distress being tied up; possibly remarks (that would be counted as sexist in our world, but wouldn’t break the equality laws written above) about women’s appearance, sexuality, and place in the world, something along the lines of “what a spankable ass! That’s her best feature.”, “I will help you only if you let me touch your boobs” is probably a common thing for an action anti-hero to say.
Whether other fetishes and sexuality-adjacent elements become common in media is intentionally ambiguous.)

  • Sexual objectification and revealing clothes never cause women to refuse participating in a job or activity they would have otherwise participated in, no matter how embarrassed they are.
  • The more embarrassed by wearing revealing clothes a women is, the more aroused she will become. This is essentially an ENF fetish (which can be more or less prominent in different women).
  • Everyone enjoys seeing their female partners wearing revealing clothes, and especially making their female partners wear revealing clothes. This rule doesn’t make anyone openly voice that preference, if they wouldn’t without the rule.

(Note: this is intentionally phrased as to apply to lesbians too, not only heterosexual men.)

  • Thongs, bras, corsets, garters, and all types of sexy lingerie never cause physical discomfort to women wearing them.
  • A woman wearing revealing clothing is just as protected from any environmental hazards as if she was wearing a non-revealing equivalent of her clothing.

So. The changes to society itself are minimal.
Comfort would not be a consideration against sexy clothing, but women who will never wear anything sexy are not to do anything.
Women who were already fine with revealing clothing stay fine. Women who already wear clothing far more revealing that is accepted will still do that (just enjoy it more, which is good). Places where more things are accepted will stay the same.
Fashion at large is the same. But media does change (despite the average women’s opinions on acceptable clothing staying the same). And people wouldn’t object to it on the basis of sexism, of harming or disempowering women.

Media would influence fashion. All cosplay is sexy. Media has a sexy influence. Every person will see women that dress sexy, will always remember the option exists. But probably wouldn’t see more exhibitionism than before in their own social circle, would not get accustomed to sexier clothing as something normal (which would be against the goal).
So everybody can watch a mainstream movie where actresses are almost stripped, to be sexy, very often, but without it becoming normal. Because it doesn’t really happen in real life, despite being common in media. Except there is cosplay, which is even more exciting now.


(Author Note: I really hate stories that begin with a cool premise, but are not continued. Unfortunately, it’s what I will have to do. I came with a premise I like, but can’t for the life of me write how it works on practice. Only upload this chapter, and hope some other writer continues the story.)

What does the result look like?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)