More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Owst Owst

What happens on the way?

Nothing but conversation

Jane followed the mouse through the greenery for what seemed like an hour. It didnt help that she was barefoot, so she felt the consequences early on in their journey. Her guide didn't seem any bothered by the trip, keeping a steady pace throughout the walk.

"How much further?" Jane panted.

The mouse turned. "But a few minutes, past the Great Lawn."

She scoffed to herself at the name, but supposed it was accurate--there was nothing but large grass for the entire walk, minus the sun glaring down overhead at them.

"Do you have a name?" Jane asked.

The mouse jumped up in realization. "Oh, how could I have forgotten? My name is would be rather...difficult to say for an outsider, but you can simply call me 'M.' "

"M? Alright--easy and to the point."

M was sure to analyze Jane from top to bottom before continuing onward; she caught onto his glances--there was only one thing she thought worth looking at here and it wasn't the grass.

Before too much longer, Jane began to see the outline of a wooden house beyond the grass. It rested in a clearing, a red mushroom poked its head up from behind the structure.

"Well, here is my abode!" M cheered. "Its not much to look at, but it keeps me nice and warm."

"That's all you need," Jane joked.

"Though, some company is always appreciated as well."

Jane felt her face heaten a little. The way it seemed to her, was that M was the only one living here. Maybe it would be good for him to get a little socializing here and again; after all, he did invite her here. She hoped that John didn't stress too much over her, maybe he didn't notice she was gone yet, or even awake.

She glanced at her rough, dirty feet and nightgown. The walk had also made her particularly hot and sweaty.

"Hey, uh, you wouldn't happen to have a bath, would you?"

What happens at M's home?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)