More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by Rubicon Rubicon

What's next?

Notes: The Night Everything Changed

For the record, this is more 'the weekend everything changed,' since many hours passed. Tom apparently either called in sick or didn't have to work, I guess.

I always really like the idea of "what's going on off to the side of the climatic battle to save the world!" In this case, what went on off to the side was Tom hauling Wonder Woman to his car and driving away. I have to imagine people were very busy to not notice that.

Given what Wonder Woman says when she's on her way out the door, I was in fact working from the assumption that the rest of the Justice League had been captured. Otherwise, J'onn J'onzz if no one else would have been able to track her down. So, on the one hand I guess Tom got lucky? And on the other hand... in one sense his saving Wonder Woman (and then sneaking off with her) saved the Justice League? And on the third hand... yeah, maybe he shouldn't brag about that.

I've mentioned elsewhere, but this is also where I started drawing off the classic depictions of Wonder Woman -- Marston's predilection for 'joyful submission' and 'binding games' and so forth. I was also intentionally calling out the standard "Wonder Woman is really into bondage" trope that's a part of a lot of fan fiction. I agree, obviously -- I just wanted to play with that in a different kind of context.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)