More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by vgadict vgadict

Are you Dead?

Not yet

The effect of gravity seemed to have been restored, and you had a new but brief sense of falling. That was abruptly followed by a jarring thud when you landed on a firm surface. What few nerves still functioned were also sensing that the intense cold had been replaced by a more moderate temperature, and instead of a vacuum, there seemed to be breathable air. With all your effort, you managed to breath in and out. Somehow you had survived, but you may as well be dead. As your surviving nerves began to report the damage across your body, you felt overwhelming pain in your extremities and lower body. After a few more seconds, the excruciating pain became so great that you blacked out.

You don't know how long you remained in this near- state, but you vaguely recalled a jostling feeling from being picked up and moved. Your ears detected unfamiliar sounds which reminded you of insects or animals, and later ones that seemed somewhat mechanical or electronic. Although your eyes remained closed, you could sense that the darkness had been replaced by intense light, which was occasionally interrupted by brief shadows. The pain seemed to have diminished, and a pleasant warmth replaced it, but once again you blacked out, and you had no idea how long you were out until...

Suddenly, a jolt of energy surged through your body. Every muscle attempted to convulse in response, yet your body could not move. As you braced for ensuing pain, you slowly opened your eyes. Strangely, there was no pain anywhere. As your senses began to return, you realized you were laying on a table with a soft shiny blanket covering you from the chest down. Somewhere above, a very bright light shone down on you. Strange tube-like structures were inserted into your mouth, nose, and ears, and still more seemed to be inserted into your lower body. Based on a what you felt down there, at least one of them seemed to be stuck up your ass. Your first thought was that this must be in some kind of medical station. But if so, where were the doctors, and why couldn't you move.

Before you had time to dwell on that, you noticed someone or rather something standing near the side of the table, and you were shocked to see it was not human.

What was that?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)