More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by grimbous grimbous

What's next?

Not Like the Old Days (Mother-Son NTR)

Me and the guys come barging into my family home yelling and hooting and laughing up a storm just like old times. We’d just been out for a couple games of basketball at our regular court out behind our old high school followed by few rounds at the local pub. Damn it had been so good to see them again. After graduating four years ago each of us had gone our separate ways. By a lucky accident of fate our disparate schedules just happened to overlap for one week this summer back in our hometown. Tonight was the last night together before we all went our own directions once more.

We tussle and carry on like we were teens again as we take our places in the living room. I look around the room at the familiar laughing faces that I had missed so dearly.

There was David, the alpha of our little pack. Tall, blonde, blue-eyed, good-looking, and born into the richest family in town David seemed to have been born with all of life’s gifts. Since graduation he had stayed in town and begun to learn his father’s business. There was Andrew, the class clown. A freckled ginger with bright blue eyes he was someone who could find the humor in a funeral, he was always laughing. He had become a long-haul trucker since his days here. There was Brick, a mountain of a man and currently his college’s star offensive lineman. His real name was George but nobody called him that but our parents. Coming from one of the few black families in town he had always felt the odd kid out until he hooked up with our motley crew. There was Lucas, the suave dark haired ladies man. A shameless flirt and always on the make Lucas had moved away to University where he was far more focused on partying and poon than he was his studies.

And of course there was me, Bobby, the pothead and the slacker. My path thus far had been aimless. A job here, a job there, an errand here, a bit of under the table work there, none ever lasting very long. When I did work I’d help out with the bills though that was inconsistent to say the least. My parents had divorced when I was in grade 10 and since the child support portion of the alimony had dried up once I turned 18 things had gotten a lot tighter around here. But I was doing my best and though things were lean Mom and I got by. Unlike the others I hadn’t yet found my destiny and honestly I wasn’t that bothered to do so. If I could I would rewind the clock to high school when we could hang out like this all the time. Those truly were the glory days. This week of nostalgia had gone by way too fast.

We laugh and tease and talk loudly of the old days. I break out the bong and pass it around, all but Brick sharing in it.

After taking a hit and passing it on David looks around the living room and says. “God damn, this place hasn’t changed a bit. Is that still your PS 3 down there? Jesus.”

I shrug. “Yeah man, not much changes around here. Just like the old days.”

“Just old period.” David replies to which Andrew laughs.

The comment wasn’t meant nicely but I let it slide, David could get this way sometimes. “Ah, what do ya do?”

“You get a damn job, that’s what you do.”

“David.” Lucas says. “Leave him alone.”

“Nah man, everybody just leaves him alone and look where it’s gotten him. Nowhere.” David was staring me eye to eye. “We’re not in school anymore Bobby.”

Our friendly joking and taken a very sudden turn to the serious. I was used to it though. Mom, Dad, Uncles, Grandma, I heard this message from so many already. I take the bong from Andrew and take a good long hit and wait for the unpleasantness to pass.

David lets out a huff and rolls his eyes. I go to pass him the bong as a peace offering but he holds his hand up and refuses. “You’re soft man. That shit is ruining you. Mind and body. You were sucking wind out on the court harder than Brick, and he’s pushing three and a quarter!”

Seeing nobody else wanted it I put the bong away. “Yeah, I’m working on some things.”

“Bull…shit.” David says. “Working on sitting on your ass. That’s what you do best, huh? Sit on your ass? Not much demand for that out there.”

Christ, he was in a mood today.

Lucas comes to my defense again. “That’s enough David, we’re here to chill.”

“Do you think you’re doing him any favors?” David asks Lucas to which there is no reply. “Someone needs to say something.”

It is into this tense awkward moment that my mother walks blissfully unaware with a tray of glasses full of iced tea. “How are my thirsty boys doing?”

In a blink this lightens the mood. Everybody liked my mom. Not only because she had a down to earth mama hen energy about her but I knew at least a few of the guys had lusted after her full voluptuous body since they were old enough to sport wood. In her late 40’s now her long brown hair had a touch of gray, she was a bit heavier and sagged a little now, but she still had the curves that had so captured their teen imaginations.

“Well thank you Mrs Bellamy.” Lucas gets to his feet to take the tray from her in a very gentlemanly manner. When a female was present the guy was always on, even if it was just a mother. “And may I say you are looking extra fine today.”

She titters. “Well thank you Lucas! You always were a charmer.”

He shoots her a wink and passes out the drinks.

“Thank you Ma’am.” Brick smiles as he takes a glass and gulps down the whole damn thing in one go. He smacks his lips. “Ahhhhh!”

“Headed for the pro leagues and you haven’t changed a bit George.” Mom giggles, she was as happy to see the old gang together as I was.

“Yeah…nothing ever changes around here.” David says with an oddly intense look in his blue eyes.

Planting her hands on her wide hips she looks around at the lot of us. “Look at you boys. Together again. Does this ever bring back memories.”

There are smiles and warm feelings…until David goes and ruins it all.

“It was a shame about the divorce.” He says out of the blue. “A woman like you needs a good man to look after her.”

To her credit Mom takes it in stride. “It was for the best. Besides, I have my Bobby here still.”

“Yeah.” David says as he plays a finger over a small hole worn in the armrest of the old sofa. It was a small gesture, a subtle calling attention to our poverty, but one impossible to miss given his previous comments. “I can see Bobby’s looking after you real good.”

“He’s doing his best.” She says in that breezy way of hers. “He’s figuring things out.

“Hrrm.” David hums dubiously. I could see in his steely gaze something was up. “You know…there’s an opening at the factory.”

My eyes narrow. Okay, this pissed me off. He had offered it to me once already at the beginning of the week and I had flatly turned him down. I did not appreciate him bringing it up now. Knowing I had a job prospect that I had turned down would only upset my mother for no reason.

“Oh!?” Mom says with great interest.

“It’s not much. He wouldn’t be on the line or anything. He’d be up in the office working under me. I need a general office boy. Mail, answer phones, go for errands. That sort of thing.”

“Well.” Mom grins from ear to ear. “That sounds wonderful! Thank you David.”

“Mom!” I say. “I already told him no. I don’t want to work for one of my friends. It would be…weird. David, the answer is still no.”

“Oh Bobby! Don’t be rude. This is a wonderful offer.”

“The answer is no!” I pout. Why did David have to go and spoil a perfectly good day like this. “I told him already.”

Her shoulders slump and I see that look of defeat on her face that I knew so well. She was disappointed, but I knew she’d get over it.

David shakes his head. “A shame.” Then I see a change come over him and a devious little smirk curl his lip. “Say…what about you Mrs Bellamy?”

“Me?” She laughs. “Oh dear no. I’m a housewife. I’m no office worker.”

“A housewife with no kids and no husband? You must be bored around here.”

“Sometimes.” She admits. “David dear, thank you, but I haven’t worked since I was married. I’ve only ever answered phones and waited tables, and all my experience is decades out of date. I’m not good with numbers. I can’t type. And I’m hopeless with technology.”

“Ah. I see.”

“Although…” I could hear the gears turning in Mom’s head. “…I mean…we could use the money…the alimony barely covers the bills since Bobby turned 18.”

“Mmm?” David cocks a brow.

“I’m…I’m willing to learn…if you’re willing to teach an old gal like me.”

“You’re not that old Mrs. Bellamy.” Lucas assures her. I glower over at him for encouraging this but he doesn’t see me.

She smiles at Lucas then continues. “You’d have to be very patient with me but…I mean…maybe. I could try I suppose. No harm in trying, right?”

“Mom!” I say, exasperated. “I don’t want you working for one of my friends! That’d be even weirder.”

“It’s not your call Bobby!” David snaps back without even glancing my way. “If you can’t look after her she’s got to do it herself.” He runs his tongue across his bottom lip and looks my mom up and down. “The lack of skills might be an issue, though the job shouldn’t be too demanding. Hmm.”

Despite my protest Mom was all the way onboard with this idea. She had always been discouraged from going out into the job market because she was convinced that the best she could do was being a waitress, a job she never liked and did not want to go back to. But with an easy office job landing right on her lap she was eager not to let this opportunity slip by. Seeing David weighing up the decision my mother presses.

“I can do it David. Just give me a chance. I’ll work really hard to catch up on things. You’ll see.”

“Mom!”

“Shhh!” She shushes with an annoyed flash of her eyes.

“Fine! I’ll take the job.” I surrender at last. “You made your point. I’ll work at your office David.”

“Too late for that Bobby, you had your chance. I only want people enthusiastic to work for the company.” David tries to hide it but my objections amused him greatly.

“I’ll be very enthusiastic.” Mom promises.

“Yeah.” He nods. “This would save me a lot of trouble finding somebody. Alright, you’re hired. You can start Monday.”

“Oh thank you David…err I mean…Mr. Chamberlain!” She bounces. “You won’t regret this.”

Mr. Chamberlain!?

“Mr. Chamberlain is so formal. That’s what everybody calls Dad.” He says. “Around the factory they just call me boss.”

“Okay…” She giggles. “…boss.”

“And I can’t call you Mrs. Bellamy at work, you understand.”

“Oh yes!” She nods. “Brenda is fine.”

“Very well Brenda. Welcome aboard.”

They shake hands to seal the deal. Andrew is laughing but the other guys all smile and congratulate her as I sit there stewing in my anger but saying nothing. David had done this to prove some point but damned if I saw what it was. This was so embarrassing. He wasn’t done yet though.

“You’ll start at thirteen an hour, it’s our standard rate for entry level office workers.”

“I understand. That’s very generous considering. I’ll work hard for it.”

“I am sure you will. Work hard and you’ll see a raise in a year.” He then adds with a devilish grin. “And, as my assistant, I’ll have a lot of leeway to offer bonuses and perks.”

“Oh?” She says. “Bonuses for what exactly?”

“Well…” He shoots me a sidelong glance before looking back at her. “…I work long hours. It doesn’t give me much time to look after other areas in my life. As my assistant anything you can do to make things a bit easier for me it would sure go a long way.”

“You mean like meals, personal errands, stuff like that?”

“Yeah, among other things.” The suggestive tone of his words were as clear as day. His confident blue eyed gaze holds my mother in place and he lets the words hang in the air.

“You mean…?”

“Five hundred dollars right now if you suck my cock.”

Mom gasps.

Andrew bursts out in a guffaw.

Brick’s eyes bulge in disbelief.

And Lucas’ eyebrows raise as he was simultaneously surprised by the offer and very curious of the coming answer.

“David Chamberlain!” She exclaims.

“It’s entirely up to you Brenda.” He says with a cocksure grin. “I’ll never bring it up again if you refuse.”

To my shock and horror Mom’s initial dismay fades not to immediate refusal…but a long thoughtful pause. She was actually considering it!

I look around at the guys waiting for somebody to step up and stop this. They look back at me expecting the same thing. It was my Mom after all.

“Dude! Come on!” My voice coming out far more whiny than I meant it to. “Stop it!”

“Bobby dear…shut up.” Mom says. “We need this. I need this.” The urgent way she said that last sentence gave me the sense she was talking about more than just money. “Um…” She looks around with obvious embarrassment to the group of men she’d known since they were boys, but mere embarrassment wasn’t going to stop her. “…do you want it now or…?”

“Now.”

“MOM!” Nobody seems to hear me.

“Very well.” Fuck! She’d accepted! She motions toward the bedroom. “We can…”

David shakes his head. “Here. Here and now. For five Benjamins I get it where I want it and how I want it. I want it now…and I want your son to watch.”

Another pause before, slowly but not hesitantly, my mom nods her head. “Okay boss.”

A huge victorious grin grows across his face. He puts his hands behind his head and leans back like the smug son of a bitch that he was.

I stand up. “Mom! You can’t do this!”

“I’m offering five hundred bucks. What are you offering Bobby?” David says calmly. “If you match I won’t go higher. Surely your mom’s honor is worth a couple hundred bucks.”

In my mind’s eye I could see the overdraft amount on my bank account balance. I didn’t have a dollar to my name, never mind five hundred.

“David...I-I swear to God…”

“Shut up.” He scoffs and waves me away. “Sit down and watch you broke ass freeloader.”

All eyes were on me, Mom’s included, waiting to see if I was going to do anything. Why wasn’t she saying no? Why wasn’t one of my friends stepping in to put a stop to this? I look around with pleading eyes, praying somebody would DO something! Why wasn’t anybody doing something?

Finally my mother speaks. “Sit down Bobby.” She says in gentle yet firm tone. “Just sit there and smoke your dope. Mommy’s got some work to do.”

I was lost. I had never stood up to David before. Hell, I had never stood to anyone before. I simply wasn’t cut out for confrontation. My cheeks warm with a blush of impotent rage…my head lowers…and I quietly take my seat again. There are low murmurs of pity and even contempt from my friends as Andrew cackles like a hyena at my humiliation.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)