More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Veiled Veiled

Tell her what’s going on?

No

The shame of thinking that you might not be able to provide for your own wedding was too much. You couldn’t tell her what had you so afraid. And anyway, maybe you would be one of the lucky few who kept their job. There was no reason to make your fiancé worry about something which was still only a mere possibility. “Oh, I just didn’t sleep well last night so I’m kinda half-asleep.” You lied. Jill frowned, and there was a pregnant pause as she didn’t say anything for a moment. You got the distinct sense that she didn’t believe you. “Okay honey. Well, if you need to take a nap you can. Don’t feel like you need to stay up on my account.” She told you. There was no anger in her words, but she did sound a little hurt. “Oh no, I’m good. Maybe I’ll make some coffee though.” You said, getting up and walking to the kitchen to do just that.

A little more time passed, and Jill seemed a little distant. She started reading and working out more. Today she had just gotten home from the gym. She was a bit sweaty from her workout as usual, but nonetheless her cleavage looked amazing in her sports bra. From the few times you’d gone to the gym with her, you knew other guys were constantly staring at her tits, especially if her exercises made them bounce. She walked into the living room where you were relaxing and watching tv, carrying a tall glass of water with her. “Whatcha watching?” She asked you, and you paused the show. “Oh, this new crime show. It’s pretty good. The bad guy is especially good.” You said, and she nodded “Oh nice, I love a good villain.” She said, sounding pensive. “So guess who I ran into at the gym today?” She asked you, and you considered this for a moment before shrugging. “I give up.” You said. “It was James.” She told you. This made you raise your eyebrows, considering James was Jill’s ex from high school. They’d gone steady for years and you were pretty sure he’d taken her virginity way back when.

“Oh- wow! Small world. I didn’t know he even lived in this area now.” You said, trying not to sound too distressed by her encounter. “Yeah it was kind of awkward… but we caught up a little. Seems like he’s doing fine.” she murmured. You nodded at this. “Is he married now, or…?” You asked and she shook her head. “No. Err- I didn’t really ask. But, uh, he wasn’t wearing a ring, so- probably not.” She said, glancing down at her own engagement ring. “Anyway, it was just one of those crazy coincidences. We’ll probably never see each other again.” She said simply, and set down her glass of water and phone on the table in front of the couch. “I’m gonna take a quick shower and I’ll be right back.” She told you. You reached over to pick up the remote when you saw Jill’s phone light up with a Snapchat notification. You saw the username was Amazing-James and felt a sudden wave of anxiety. She was talking to her ex again? Had he always had her Snapchat, or had she given that to him today? You heard the water turn on upstairs as Jill got in the shower. You had plenty of time, and you knew the password for Jill’s phone…

Do you open the message?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)