More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by john3776 john3776

What do you tell your mother?

No, I 'm tired of this town, I'm leaving!

You've been taking orders from your mother for years, and you finally decide that enough is enough.

"I'm sick of you and your shit all the time! That's it. I'm getting out of this little shit hole. I'm sick of the inn, I'm sick of my uncle! I'm sick of everything! All I want is my daddy, and he's dead!"

Your mother looks at you from her bed, tears marking their trail down her face. "I miss your father too honey-" she starts.

"Well it's your fault he's dead!" You're finally getting this off your chest after holding in the hatred and anger for so long, "You made him go out that night when he just wanted to stay here with us. YOU told him that dinner wouldn't be served until he went. So don't say that you hurt for him Sorrow, cause you're just a dirty bitch who killed my father."

Before she can out a response through her tears, you're to the door.

"This is the last time I ever expect to see you." you say as the front door shuts behind you. You can feel the just-released anger still inside you, but behind it there is relief. Walking down the street, you soon find yourself laughing quietly. Laughing until you have to sit. Laughing until your crying. Laughing until you break down and the content of your tears change to lonliness. Mirth has long since fled. But you conclude that your lonliness is nothing new; you've been living with it since your father died. Your mother is just a killer.

You wipe away the tears and straighten your dress. Looking around, you see that you are half way between your old village, and Thallwin.

It has been a while since you visited Thallwin, but you remember it as a town filled with people, colours, and exotics. A good a place as any to start off fresh. Which is the only start an 18 year old with nothing but the clothes on her back can make.

You start walking agian, wanting to be there by noon. The city walls evenually grow into view, and you head for the gate. as you pass under the arch, you are, as before, taken aback by the sights and the sounds. So many people, so many buildings. And so close together.

You see merchant in front of their stores hawking their wares. Everything from linens, to pottery, to food. The food catches your attention since you haven't had anything to eat since you left. As you make your way towards a pork vendor, you see a group of girls about your age at the side of the street laughing together. They look towards you and smile. They seem upper class, but your wearing a good dress today, and it would be easy for them to mistake you for one of their types.

Torn between your food and possible friends to ease your lonliness in this new town, you also realize that there is an entire city for you to explore.

Where to?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)